Unknown device?

Hello, just bought the router and it's very confusing with lack of actual customer service support.

I connected my PS4 and it says Unknown Device when logged into Router page,how do I know which devices are which?if majority of them are named Unknown device?

Check the devices' IP and/or MAC addresses, then name them in the field on the Netduma.

Google 'mac vendor lookup', pick a site, enter the MAC address that's displayed on the Netduma and the website will tell you what sort of device it is. It might not tell you exactly which device it is (if you have multiple iPhones for example) but it will narrow it down enough that you can quickly check the IP/MAC within the device settings.

Hello, just bought the router and it's very confusing with lack of actual customer service support.

I connected my PS4 and it says Unknown Device when logged into Router page,how do I know which devices are which?if majority of them are named Unknown device?

Go to misc settings, click apply cloud settings... wait a minute or two, reboot  from the reboot button in misc settings and your devices should be named once it turns back on.

Go to misc settings, click apply cloud settings... wait a minute or two, reboot  from the reboot button in misc settings and your devices should be named once it turns back on.

I thought there was a method to get it to name things... Couldn't remember what it was though.

I have another question, we have 2 gamers at our house both with different pc's and also a ps4, I looked through Hyper Traffic and tried to add both Pc's but it gives me limited options for games... like currently we both play Player Unknown's Battleground (Early Access) and it's not on the list,what are we suppose to do? choose random DOTA 2 or CS profile? or mess around with advanced tab?

We want the two gaming pc's and the PS4 to be lag free mainly, the other devices are secondary and not that important, and I also enabled the UPNP option.

Our House internet Download speed is 66Mb and Upload is 6 Mb, we live in Los Angeles,CA.

Here are our current settings I've attached 9 pictures, does it look good? or no? I'm not sure about my settings,thank you guys for all the help and efforts.

post-17109-0-60546700-1497334051_thumb.png

post-17109-0-28001600-1497334055_thumb.png

post-17109-0-10874900-1497334061_thumb.png

post-17109-0-19031600-1497334067_thumb.png

post-17109-0-53644400-1497334070_thumb.png

post-17109-0-00156200-1497334075_thumb.png

post-17109-0-98870400-1497334078_thumb.png

post-17109-0-74056400-1497334084_thumb.png

post-17109-0-43058500-1497334089_thumb.png

• Netduma Staff

Hi - welcome to the forum! You should select the Xbox Live service for PC games, since this covers all the necessary ports for all PC games. You won't need to look in the advanced tab. Let me know if these settings work for you:

- 1000km Distance
- 0 Ping Assist
- Strict Mode On
- If less than 50mbps, Pre-emptive Algorithm. If more, Reactive Algorithm
- 70% anti-flood
- Share excess enabled
- Reset device prioritisation & apply
- Enable UPnP and remove any Port Forwarding rules
- Disable deep packet in misc
- Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
- Do an Internet Diagnosis test

Hi - welcome to the forum! You should select the Xbox Live service for PC games, since this covers all the necessary ports for all PC games. You won't need to look in the advanced tab. Let me know if these settings work for you:

- 1000km Distance
- 0 Ping Assist
- Strict Mode On
- If less than 50mbps, Pre-emptive Algorithm. If more, Reactive Algorithm
- 70% anti-flood
- Share excess enabled
- Reset device prioritisation & apply
- Enable UPnP and remove any Port Forwarding rules
- Disable deep packet in misc
- Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
- Do an Internet Diagnosis test

Hello again and thanks for the help, I'm trying out the settings to see how it goes.

I noticed one of the options you mentioned "Enable UPnP and remove any Port Fowarding Rules"

I checked and I noticed my UPnP is already Enabled and underneath It i can see Port Forwarding Rules

Teredo and PCP, but when I go to Port Forwarding section I don't see any rules, it's blank.

• Netduma Staff

Do I have to change any of these or loadup a profile? every time i want to game?

The profile displayed on this page will always go back to "General Gaming", though it won't actually be the profile selected. If you select one of the gaming profiles you like (or your custom profile) and apply it, that profile will be selected until you change settings or change profile again. If you went back to the profile page, you would see "General Gaming", but it wouldn't be the active profile.

I hope that makes sense - this is an annoying display issue that won't be there when we release DumaOS.