Maybe someone can help me here...

iAmMoDBoX

Is that ping test from on wireless or wired? :)

Wired... When I ping my R1 which is connected through that router it's always <1 ms ping.

PBHKY68.jpg

Do you usualy see high ping times from the first hop as that is your router set up?

It peaks at 553ms which is not right at all.

Do you have some more tests to show the first hop and if it has bad pings

Do you usualy see high ping times from the first hop as that is your router set up?

It peaks at 553ms which is not right at all.

Do you have some more tests to show the first hop and if it has bad pings

They are all pretty similar since I've been having issues. But when I wasn't having connection issues with my old router my ping was always less than 1ms for the first hop.

CITnZ3b.jpg

Tech 3 came out today. Put a moca filter on my line outside, also changed the bad splitter outside. He said the area still has an upstream signal noise problem and there are about 5 bucket trucks within 2 blocks of me working on trying to find out what's causing it.

Your getting the info fast on the down stream but people are shooting you and the upstream noise is dropping packets so the host does not recieve the info that the bullits hit in time maybe. tell them to leave it lol.

Your getting the info fast on the down stream but people are shooting you and the upstream noise is dropping packets so the host does not recieve the info that the bullits hit in time maybe. tell them to leave it lol.

Lol I wish that were the case, but actually my stats have been really improving lately with the R1

Before my internet woes:

Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2013-08-15&sr

Z9LCVIg.jpg

So I'm running a ping to the 2nd hop you see in my trace routes which would be my ISP node. I get ridiculous amounts of packet loss and ping spikes when pinging it. However I'm running dslreports.com smokeping tool to the same IP 69.248.180.1 and it shows 0 packet loss and a flat line for the ping fluctuations so I have no idea what the problem could possibly be now.

http://www.dslreports.com/smokeping?target=2b8b88e063a22647c15c1a128b8fcbfe&r=666

EU1BIK2.jpg

@ComcastCares on twitter seemed to work surprisingly well. Spoke to someone after a few days who 1. actually knew what ping and packet loss was 2. was more qualified than me to be doing their job 3. overnighted me the modem I had requested to replace my old one 4. seems to be concerned with the problem in my area and has an open ticket to fix it while keeping me updated on the progress.

After reading the horror stories online with the issues I'm having, I'm actually surprised they're "working on it" and listening to my complaints.

You have some good proof there that you have a problem, a lot of people will call but have no proof.

Some people I've spoken to told me everything is fine until I go into details about things. Most of the time they have no idea what I'm even talking about when I start talking about trace routes, nodes, channel bonding and noise issues.

Curious to hear what Iain thinks about why I'm getting high ping spikes to my router, yet the R1 pings <1ms

Damn you are going to owe Comcast a lot of money unless you actually purchased those yourself. lol.

They keep sending them to me to "try" lol I have another coming tomorrow. No charges as of yet. I've been getting credit every time I complain so right now they owe me money.

Archived