Hello Duma Army:

So I am paying for 150 down and 10 up from Cox, but I can only achieve from a minimum of 45 to 90 mbps down, sometimes 122. The upload gets to 10 to 13 mbps. It's the download that is a problem, not the upload.

I did do a test from my pc directly to my modem and the same results. On my ISP website, logging into my account with them I could get 155 to 165 mbps consistently. So I am at a loss.

I have changed Ethernet cables and same results.

I spoke to Cox and they say its my router (Duma and TP Link C2600 in AP mode behind the Duma). They also said this modem is compatible with the service I am getting and it is on their approved modem list.

I spoke to TPLink about it and they said I need a different modem with more channels (7620) but I do not plan to go that route. LoL

I have all my settings as they should be below:

• Reactive Algorithm
  • 100% anti-flood
  • Share excess enabled
  • Reset device prioritisation & apply
  • Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
  • Disable deep packet in misc
  • Enable turbo mode
  • Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
  • Do a wired speed test from a PC

Any ideas?

So I am paying for 150 down and 10 up from Cox, but I can only achieve from a minimum of 45 to 90 mbps down, sometimes 122. The upload gets to 10 to 13 mbps. It's the download that is a problem, not the upload.

I did do a test from my pc directly to my modem and the same results. On my ISP website, logging into my account with them I could get 155 to 165 mbps consistently. So I am at a loss.

I spoke to Cox and they say its my router (Duma and TP Link C2600 in AP mode behind the Duma). They also said this modem is compatible with the service I am getting and it is on their approved modem list.

I spoke to TPLink about it and they said I need a different modem with more channels (7620) but I do not plan to go that route.

Hi Alex,

Are you saying that you get the same drops in speeds when you're testing direct to your modem (so the Netduma and the TP Link are both out of the equation)?

If that's the case then it can only be the modem, cables, or the service that the isp is providing. Is it peak time when these drops occur?

Can you explain what you mean about logging into your isp's website please? Do you mean they have a speed test on there or that they're just telling you that's the speed you could get? I would never trust a speed test that was provided by the isp.

What model modem do you have in this setup? Is it provided by Cox?

I spoke to Cox and they say its my router

Heard that before, it's not the router... More than likely it's your line or a problem on their end. No ISP will ever blame themselves for your issue even if their network was literally on fire and melting.

Post screenshots of your modem's signal levels

Hi Alex,

Are you saying that you get the same drops in speeds when you're testing direct to your modem (so the Netduma and the TP Link are both out of the equation)?

If that's the case then it can only be the modem, cables, or the service that the isp is providing. Is it peak time when these drops occur?

Can you explain what you mean about logging into your isp's website please? Do you mean they have a speed test on there or that they're just telling you that's the speed you could get? I would never trust a speed test that was provided by the isp.

Yes they instructed me to log into tmp Cox account and run the Speedtest from their site. It's the TPLink 7610.

Hi Alex,

I have run the speedtest from my PC to the modem only and PC to the TPLink router > Duma > Modem.

Heard that before, it's not the router... More than likely it's your line or a problem on their end. No ISP will ever blame themselves for your issue even if their network was literally on fire and melting.

Post screenshots of your modem's signal levels

Nope they don't accept it, ever.

I have run the speedtest from my PC to the modem only and PC to the TPLink router > Duma > Modem.

If you've run the test straight from modem to PC and the result is the same then it's not going to matter what you do with the Netduma or the C2600 as the problem is definitely occurring before them.

I know next to nothing about the figures in the modem signal screenshot though, MoD BoX..?

Signals look fine to me... How long was the modem on when you took that screenshot?

Can you post a screenshot of the log also?

Cox modem list provisions the TC-7610 as their "premier" speed tier which is what you have, 150 down and 10 up. There's no reason why the modem is the issue here unless it's a bad modem. I would not switch to the 7620 as it's not going to work with the Netduma from what I know.

Try testing from http://dslreports.com/speedtest or go to http://speedtest.comcast.net

• Administrators

They always get you to do the speed test from them because if I'm correct your packets hit there before going anywhere else so it's likely to always be what you pay for when in reality to a different speed test you won't get that.

One thing I did notice: when I do a wireless speedtest over the 2.4ghz I get the same results. But when I switch to the 5ghz I can reach 150 to 192 Mbps.

Well from what I can see, if it's happening when wired directly to the modem then it's either an issue with the modem (unlikely) or an issue on the ISP (good luck lol)

Only other possibility is your PC's ethernet is bad? Since you said on wireless you can get full speed. Can you try it on another device?