Why do I have such shit hit detection on bo3

Jettman

• 2 weeks later...

I think we all have questionable moments in any online FPS gamesome just get more than others, could be internet, set up,other players bad internet,etc

I gave up trying to figure out how to even out the net code on the games and just play them, it's so much more enjoyable that way.

• 5 weeks later...

3arch is known for having terrible hit detection. I don't know what it is about their networking, but their games are absolutely horrible at picking hosts too.

This really isn't true.  They all have horrific hit detection. Treyarch games just have a longer time to kill (more base health = more bullets), which is actually preferable for creating a skill gap in gunfights.  And I personally much prefer their games.  But longer time to kill exposes the bad hit detection inherent to all COD games.  When you kill someone in 3 bullets in a IW game, you are less likely to notice how completely off the hitboxes and hitreg are...

It also isn't just about picking hosts, because even on the dedicated servers, the hit detection issues are significant.