TP Link TC7620

DumaRocks

Very much off topic but wanted to dig into some of my settings to see if I could learn something.

Have the TP Link TC7620

Haven't touched the settings since I set it up. However, when I go to the 2 default IP address... 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.0.1 the page just times out. When I ping it from terminal I get "Request timeout for ....". When I go to the router website it basically says the same thing, something like you are not connected to your tp-link modem which is odd due to the fact I have a web connection.

However, I have internet access but can't access the modem portal page with the settings cause it is timing out.

I have my system setup from cable -> TP Link Modem -> Duma Router -> all other devices.

I did a hard reset of the modem and even factory reset duma just in case any modified settings was causing an issue. Still won't allow me to access settings at those address's but have an internet connection.

I guess I was curious if anyone ran into this issue before and if so is there a simple fix or is my modem faulty. Weird that I can get internet but not even access the devices settings. 

I think this forum was where this modem was recommended but not 100%, main reason I am asking here. Thought some of you would be knowledgeable about TP-Link modems. 

if you go to device manager there may be a blue box, click on that to access your modem router. You can access the netduma on 192.168.88.1

I cannot personally help you as I have an old OpenReach thing supplied by BT for my Infinity. It's about 5 years old now but seems to do its job.

Modbox and a few others here are quite clued up on the modems so im sure somebody will be along soon.

I guess I could do with some advice as well as to what I should buy next as an upgrade but im a Yorkshireman and tight as owt so if it aint broke dont fix it. lol

Good luck.

if you go to device manager there may be a blue box, click on that to access your modem router. You can access the netduma on 192.168.88.1

Thanks for the response but all I get is the devices that are connected to my duma. No sign of a blue box or my TP-Link modem. Even when I click on Edit, nothing but the options to to edit the name of the devices, block or delete them. 

I am hardwired if that makes a difference.

Dude! What the heck, why does every source I find have it as..... 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1

That worked and I really appreciate that very simply answer, must not have looked hard enough.

No problem.

192.168.1.1 is the access webpage for routers.

Every modem will be accessed by going to 192.168.100.1

No problem.

192.168.1.1 is the access webpage for routers.

Every modem will be accessed by going to 192.168.100.1

you aren't exactly right with your comment about "every" modem being accessed by 192.168.100.1 as my default is 192.168.2.1.

^^^^ What he said... But I've heard that the 7620 causes issues with the Netduma. I'd go with the TC-7610

Could you tell me what kind of issues. Too my knowledge I haven't seen any, at least none I traced back to the 7620 but I also might not be aware that it is a modem issue. Trying to optimize everything further on my end. Appreciate the heads up either way even if it doesn't end up affecting to me right now but could possibly happen in the future I suppose.