need help with netduma settings and also the netgear nighthawk modem/router

Jettman

ok so i recently upgraded my speeds 100/40 up, i havent noticed really any difference in my hit rego and it just feels the same. i really want that buttery hit detection like a7 legit or the mark of j has. idk if some settings are wrong with the netgear nighthawk modem/router which my netduma is connected to or it could be my netduma settings. im from the aus so if anyone has any help with nbn or FTTN please help- anyone not from aus and it an expert can we please team viewer and get this hit rego under way, cheers

lol if you upgraded your speeds to get better hit detection then you have really wasted your money! You really really really do not need high speed internet, you really need a low ping and low jitter/bufferbloat. You can have a low ping of 6 but if you have bad jitter then you may aswell have a ping of 100. Higher speeds are needed if there are lots of devices that are using your internet at the same time or for downloading large files.......gaming sends very small packets (udp). udp packets are your hit detection.

you can quite easily game on a connection of 5mbps up and 5 mbps down with no trouble. Outside factors can also cause you greif such as an oversubscribed isp, distance to the gaming server, quality of said server, many many variables that maybe beyond your control.

lol if you upgraded your speeds to get better hit detection then you have really wasted your money! You really really really do not need high speed internet, you really need a low ping and low jitter/bufferbloat. You can have a low ping of 6 but if you have bad jitter then you may aswell have a ping of 100. Higher speeds are needed if there are lots of devices that are using your internet at the same time or for downloading large files.......gaming sends very small packets (udp). udp packets are your hit detection.

you can quite easily game on a connection of 5mbps up and 5 mbps down with no trouble. Outside factors can also cause you greif such as an oversubscribed isp, distance to the gaming server, quality of said server, many many variables that maybe beyond your control.

nah i didnt upgrade for hit detetection, alot of people use the internet in my home, i get rougly 11 ping

nah i didnt upgrade for hit detetection, alot of people use the internet in my home, i get rougly 11 ping

have you placed your console in the hypertraffic? Are you playing wireless or via ethernet? I am wired and I now use a wired ps4 controller and switching to a wired controller has made a massive change!

• Administrators

As I said on Twitter and other people have said here, higher speeds don't mean better hit detection. I would advise the same settings I've given before, just make sure to put your new speeds in.

You could provide us with the screenshots asked for here and we'll optimise if needed: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022425-lag-support-instructions-to-post-on-the-forum-

have you placed your console in the hypertraffic? Are you playing wireless or via ethernet? I am wired and I now use a wired ps4 controller and switching to a wired controller has made a massive change!

im wired cat6a cables