New project management system

• Netduma Staff

88 of the flaming things, a mass spam bot

Can you see the IP they have been generated from in the admin mode Crossy? so to ban it.

Can't see the IPs because my account doesn't have all permissions but I'm keeping a log of all the spam usernames and then I'll send it to Iain - he can have the #MegaFun job of banning them all :D

• Netduma Staff

When Iain was talking me through the system I specifically asked if there was an easy way to clear spam like on the forum and he said yes so there must be an easier way than how I am doing it...

• Netduma Staff

If it is taking an age's just hold on until Iain shows you the quick way , don't be spending an age manually mate.

I'm not sure if when I asked though he thought I meant this kind of spam. I mean if there were 2/3 spam posts it would take a minute to delete them manually.

This lots of spam, lol.

• Netduma Staff

That is a crazy amount to be hit with in one shot, it is vulnerable because there is no CAPTCHA on sign up

Yeah, but it does require to confirm via email though. I think they should either move the system over to the forum where you can get ticket systems on here or they should find a way of managing spam on the system such as this.

Yeah, but it does require to confirm via email though. I think they should either move the system over to the forum where you can get ticket systems on here or they should find a way of managing spam on the system such as this.

Yes perfect they do have some tools to combat it from trac

• Netduma Staff

Good job Crossy.

Hopefully Iain can get the captcha system working before they build up again or you'll be playing whack-a-mole for a bit :)

haha, thanks, altogether 102 now, these guys don't give up, lol.