How to beat or punish lag switchers?

enricoh

I bought netduma, and for me this router helped me a lot to improve my connection. But there is one final problem with online gaming. Some players use lag switches and make the game very difficult. Is there a configuration with the netduma to counter them?With the netduma how to detect them?

Thank you!

Depending on the game they should not be able to cause too much of an issue. This is because they'll need to be the host of the game to effectively lag switch. Games like Call of Duty utilise dedicated servers so this wouldn't be too much of an issue.

However, if you can identify which player it is on the map you would be able to block them. We'll be implementing being able to click on the bars for peer ping so you could block them straight away.

:D OHHHH, happy day! Now we can block the people with a bad ping!!!

Will we be removed from that lobby since they're in it or will it block them from joining a lobby we're in?

I don't actually know...

But I would expect it would be the former on a dedi and the latter if you're hosting the lobby.

In response to OP:

In which game have you seen people lag-switching? I don't think I've seen anyone use one in years.

• Administrators

Whoa whoa whoa!!! Lol so will this be available in the Duma 2.0 release or down the road?  And how will that effect us, the player, that selects to block list another player? Will we be removed from that lobby since they're in it or will it block them from joining a lobby we're in? The latter sounds better to me but also maybe a little too invasive to match making.   I don't want to get banned for my routers actions lol.

Likely some time after release, we can develop very quickly for the new OS though. You won't get removed, once you've disconnected from them then you won't connect too them again. Then you won't connect to them again.

Likely some time after release, we can develop very quickly for the new OS though. You won't get removed, once you've disconnected from them then you won't connect too them again. Then you won't connect to them again.

Now that is just another feature I'm looking forward to... :D