Help I just bought my Netduma

GFTD_95

Hello people

I have just recently bought my Netduma R1 and I can't get it to work/set up.
I have just got ISP BT home hub 5 on its own without a modem coming from my line just comes straight to my isp hub. I plugged my Netduma straight into my isp router from wan port. I cannot get internet access on my PC from my netduma or even connect to the netduma via wifi.

HELP HELP HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

• Netduma Staff

Welcome to the forums :)

Don't plug it into the WAN port, plug it into a normal LAN port on the BT router (the ones where your other devices go). Here is a setup guide for BT. Remember you must plug into port 1 on the Netduma.

Let us know if this sorts out your issue!

Welcome to the forums :)

Don't plug it into the WAN port, plug it into a normal LAN port on the BT router (the ones where your other devices go). Here is a setup guide for BT. Remember you must plug into port 1 on the Netduma.

Let us know if this sorts out your issue!

AHHH that makes better since thanks a lot lad gonna try it out now

• Netduma Staff

AHHH that makes better since thanks a lot lad gonna try it out now

Ok :) The WAN port on the BT router is for people who are using another modem such as the BT fibre modem. I guess you are on a DSL line and are using that (therefore not using the WAN input).

Ok :) The WAN port on the BT router is for people who are using another modem such as the BT fibre modem. I guess you are on a DSL line and are using that (therefore not using the WAN input).

Yeah I don't use the wan port

Have you set up a static IP on your PC. If you have can you change it to automatic :)

I need your help my pc in my room and my xbox wont connect to the netduma, and I dont know how to make my ips atomatic :(

• Netduma Staff

I need your help my pc in my room and my xbox wont connect to the netduma, and I dont know how to make my ips atomatic :(

They should by default connect automatically. Are you connecting via wireless or wire? What is the error you are getting when trying to connect?

If you have followed the link crossy posted earlier http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=bt_home_hub_5

And you still can not connect via Ethernet to your pc just to rule this out I would suggest if you have one to try a different Ethernet cable from the bt hh to the netduma as Ethernet cables can be flakey sometimes.

They should by default connect automatically. Are you connecting via wireless or wire? What is the error you are getting when trying to connect?

I was able to connect my pc downstairs via wired and access the internet etc and do that set up you showed me, but my xbox one wont connect wired and my pc in my room wont connect via wireless :( keeps saying no internet access

• Netduma Staff

I was able to connect my pc downstairs via wired and access the internet etc and do that set up you showed me, but my xbox one wont connect wired and my pc in my room wont connect via wireless :( keeps saying no internet access

Do they show up on the Netduma device manager? Could you post a picture of the Xbox Network settings please :)

If you have followed the link crossy posted earlier http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=bt_home_hub_5

And you still can not connect via Ethernet to your pc just to rule this out I would suggest if you have one to try a different Ethernet cable from the bt hh to the netduma as Ethernet cables can be flakey sometimes.

Do they show up on the Netduma device manager? Could you post a picture of the Xbox Network settings please :)

they dont show up on the device manager just my pc downstairs that is connected to the netduma, my phones broke and my elgato program doesnt want to open up 

• Netduma Staff

they dont show up on the device manager just my pc downstairs that is connected to the netduma, my phones broke and my elgato program doesnt want to open up 

Can you take a picture of the network settings on the Xbox please :) Can you also check to make sure the other PC has a automatic IP.

• Netduma Staff

ok I will end up streaming my fliping settings in a min my phones broke and my bros out, it says on my xbox which im trying to connect that it cannot get an ip address 

Ok, can you check to make sure that you have chosen 'automatic' when connecting to the internet :)

After you have done what Crossy suggested......

I am wondering if it might be a DHCP issue could you turn off the devices that are not working then reboot the netduma and re start the devices once the duma has fully booted to see if this problem persists please.

After you have done what Crossy suggested......

I am wondering if it might be a DHCP issue could you turn off the devices that are not working then reboot the netduma and re start the devices once the duma has fully booted to see if this problem persists please.

do i have to turn off all the wireless devices connected to my bt home hub as well?

Yes turn them off as well just in-case

Do not have your home hubs wifi on at all turn that off and use the netdumas wifi only , having both on will cause issues and you wont get the goodness that is the congestion control that the duma has to stop network lag

• Netduma Staff

Problem solved. For some reason the addresses being assigned were 192.168.1.* and all in that range, nothing in 192.168.88.*.

Sort of against usual advice, in the stream I gave him details for a static IP and it worked.

Just gotta get the PC sorted now :)

Problem solved. For some reason the addresses being assigned were 192.168.1.* and all in that range, nothing in 192.168.88.*.

Sort of against usual advice, in the stream I gave him details for a static IP and it worked.

Just gotta get the PC sorted now :)

Good looking out Crossy and thanks for posting the fix. *respect*

Archived