Battlefield 1 Servers and settings

mosvalve

This post is in reference to an archived Battlefield 1 settings thread in this forum. I would first like to ask was anything found out about the ping host feature not working correctly? Because it does not work for me either.

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/18827-any-battlefield-1-settings-for-host-ping/

Next, I would like to to say that while connecting to battlefield, connecting to a us east server I noticed on host filtering page showed me connected to a server in California. Now, I found some IP address for battlefield servers on a battlefield forum US EAST: 159.153.92.28, US WEST: 159.153.68.252, &

EUROPE: 159.153.72.252.

I have pingplotted both the US SERVERS and obtained a funny result. The US East route via ping plotter took me from my router (Chicago) through Texas, then trough Tennessee then terminating at DICE's US EAST server with avg 48 m/s. Whenever you Whois the US EAST server you get a Redwood City, California address.

I did the same thing with US WEST SERVER and got the same Redwood City address with 75m/s. I can post pictures of the ping plot later if needed along with the Whois. I can also post images of my Host filtering page also.

Are the results we are getting due to the fact that the servers are "registered" to DICE LA at that address in California?

Any input on this would be great, Thanks

• Administrators

Auto ping host won't work because the Geo-filter won't be enabled, you should however be able to manually ping. 

The server will be incorrectly located, if you provide the ID then I can move it to the correct location. 

Yes I believe it is because it is registered to that address.

Thanks for the response, as always. I will try a manual ping and post the results. I've also read somewhere that dice uses virtual servers in this game so I wonder if that means 5 virtual servers running off of 1 machine let's say?

Thanks for the input. I am no longer playing the game and have deleted it due to the them banning me from their forums. That game has to have the worst net code ever. It makes COD hit detection look good. I called them out on it in their forum and got banned. Can we close this discussion?