My Netduma Router isnt working at all!?

Rhein Pritchard

Ive only just got the router today

Hey man, my netduma router isnt working iv tried the host filtering and every game i try to find on destiny i get booted even when i set destiny as my profile and set it to strict 

My Congestion Control isnt working at all like im still a complete red bar on destiny even if i put the download and upload at 70,80 and even 90

I had also runned the test and my results were: 

Ping: Bad

Jitter: Exceptional

Spikes: Exceptional

Packet Loss: No loss

I just got into a trials game and everyone was greenbar except me which i was on a redbar 

My Cloud Settings are enabled 

My internet is 5 download and 1 upload 

Ive connected everything to the router to get full control 

PLEASE HELP! and please reply back to me as soon as possible because i really want it fixed 

You need to run a line test, over ethernet, direct from your modem to check whether the problem is with your ISP/line.

In the multiple other threads that you created, with a different username, you said that your diagnostics showed:

Ping: Bad

Jitter: Terrible

Spikes: Terrible

If I were you, I would test using a piece of software called Ping Plotter (free download).

Google it, and watch the tutorial video if it's not obvious how to use it. It's pretty obvious though.

Please don't create duplicate accounts or duplicate threads.

• Administrators

You should be able to access the ISP hub interface and change it to modem mode. That would be optimal. Alternatively you could put the WAN IP from the Netduma device manager into the DMZ section of your ISP hub and disable the wifi on the hub also.

You should be able to access the ISP hub interface and change it to modem mode. That would be optimal. Alternatively you could put the WAN IP from the Netduma device manager into the DMZ section of your ISP hub and disable the wifi on the hub also.

How would i do this? not sure how to i have a netcomm N600 

• Administrators

Go here: http://media.netcomm.com.au/public/assets/pdf_file/0004/123997/NB16DG-User-Guide.pdf(this will automatically download) for the manual for your netcomm. Then go to page 44, it will tell you about DMZ. Then just input the WAN IP from the Netduma device manager.

Go here: http://media.netcomm.com.au/public/assets/pdf_file/0004/123997/NB16DG-User-Guide.pdf(this will automatically download) for the manual for your netcomm. Then go to page 44, it will tell you about DMZ. Then just input the WAN IP from the Netduma device manager.

Yeah iv tried it and it did nothing but the blue text telling to do dmz is still there does that mean it didnt work?

You can call your ISP and ask them to put your router in bridge mode for you (most ISP's who use modem router combo's will do this) or you can as Fraser said do it yourself.

Sometimes modem / router combo's don't have a "bridge mode" they have what's called a passthrough mode (AT&T) it's basically the same thing just a little different method of getting your device in it.

I deleted your other thread asking for a refund and for someone to have a look at your router as you have this thread open and we're trying to get you sorted out so no reason to have multiple threads going for the same thing.

But you should try the above suggestions and get your router in the DMZ and go from there.

You can call your ISP and ask them to put your router in bridge mode for you (most ISP's who use modem router combo's will do this) or you can as Fraser said do it yourself.

Sometimes modem / router combo's don't have a "bridge mode" they have what's called a passthrough mode (AT&T) it's basically the same thing just a little different method of getting your device in it.

I deleted your other thread asking for a refund and for someone to have a look at your router as you have this thread open and we're trying to get you sorted out so no reason to have multiple threads going for the same thing.

But you should try the above suggestions and get your router in the DMZ and go from there.

Iv done the DMZ didnt work but im not sure how to do the bridge mode so i will call my isp tomorrow :) 

• Administrators

Yeah iv tried it and it did nothing but the blue text telling to do dmz is still there does that mean it didnt work?

Iv done the DMZ didnt work but im not sure how to do the bridge mode so i will call my isp tomorrow :)

What do you mean it did nothing? You won't see anything noticeable happen. It will help with NAT that is all. The blue text will still be there, it's not anything to worry about.

• Administrators

Oh i thought the blue text goes away and thats how you know it worked 

Nope it'll be there regardless. Unless you are connected to a modem then it's not applicable so wouldn't appear. Again the message isn't an issue. As long as you've set the DMZ then you're fine.

Just as a side note. youve got some good advice, I see that you have several devices connected to your duma with very little upload and download speeds. You can still game on your speeds just Try to give your ps4 the highest amount possible on you congestion control, or limit the amount of devices while gaming.(move the slider in the direction of the ps4) This could also be a reason you are having bad ping readings, hope everything is resolved.