Netgear cm-500

Special_Ed

Anyone else have this cable modem? If so, do you find yourself having to restart it every few days to get your speeds back??

I believe it is an issue... If you want I recommend this modem...

http://www.tp-link.com/us/products/details/cat-5513_TC-7610.html

Got mine on Amazon for $40

Stick with the 7610... What is your internet speed?

Hey MoD was just curious since I'm looking for a new modem,I'm assuming that the TC 7610 is the same as the updated TC 7610 E cuz that's what I found on Amazon.

Since you have it and there's no issue with the bug figured I'd ask if it's the same modem ?

Hey MoD was just curious since I'm looking for a new modem,I'm assuming that the TC 7610 is the same as the updated TC 7610 E cuz that's what I found on Amazon.

Since you have it and there's no issue with the bug figured I'd ask if it's the same modem ?

Same modem... the E is for frustration free packaging on Amazon. Basically a brown box instead of a colorful retail box

Same modem... the E is for frustration free packaging on Amazon. Basically a brown box instead of a colorful retail box

Thanks for the info Mod,ordering it today hopefully will help a little bit with gaming back on cable FML

Thanks for the info Mod,ordering it today hopefully will help a little bit with gaming back on cable FML

What modem do you currently have? Thank Buck on here for helping me to get one that works...

Also saw you're looking for a router. I have the Archer C7 and I LOVE it. No issues at all, pretty good range on a budget.

What modem do you currently have? Thank Buck on here for helping me to get one that works...

Also saw you're looking for a router. I have the Archer C7 and I LOVE it. No issues at all, pretty good range on a budget.

I can't tell you how many modems I have gone through trying to determine which ones work best with the R1. Lol. But it's all good. Only the Zoom and Tplink models mentioned above were spot on. Definitely stay away from Motorola/arris - nothing but issues. And I am speaking from a cable internet point of view. I have never had dsl.

I can't tell you how many modems I have gone through trying to determine which ones work best with the R1. Lol. But it's all good. Only the Zoom and Tplink models mentioned above were spot on. Definitely stay away from Motorola/arris - nothing but issues. And I am speaking from a cable internet point of view. I have never had dsl.

I'm curious if the stock RB951G-2HnD has any compatibility issues with those modems

I have the Cisco from Charter as I had the dedicated gaming line so it wasn't an issue for the rest of my house but now that I'm going back to gaming on cable (Charter) thought I might want to make it as least painful as possible.

And for a router I have the Netgear R6300 v2 and I guess it's OK,it's AC 1750 and gets solid signal to a 3000 sq ft house (not including the basement) on all the floors so was thinking that if I get a new modem I should get a new router also, you know how that goes.

Might have to pull the trigger on the Archer C7,what model do you have MoD ?

And thank you Buck for helping everyone with the modems... ;)

I have the Cisco from Charter as I had the dedicated gaming line so it wasn't an issue for the rest of my house but now that I'm going back to gaming on cable (Charter) thought I might want to make it as least painful as possible.

And for a router I have the Netgear R6300 v2 and I guess it's OK,it's AC 1750 and gets solid signal to a 3000 sq ft house (not including the basement) on all the floors so was thinking that if I get a new modem I should get a new router also, you know how that goes.

Might have to pull the trigger on the Archer C7,what model do you have MoD ?

And thank you Buck for helping everyone with the modems... ;)

"I have the Archer C7 and I LOVE it."

LOL...

I have it in the middle of my ~3000 sq ft house and I get signal everywhere, even the basement without a problem on 5ghz. Maxes out my connection at 240 down. Although I'm running it as an AP so I can't comment on how good of a router it is, it definitely has held up for the last 3 years without any problems. I barely reboot it, and when I do it's just because I feel like it. Not for any reason.

TC-7610 > R1 > Archer C7

"I have the Archer C7 and I LOVE it."

LOL...

I have it in the middle of my ~3000 sq ft house and I get signal everywhere, even the basement without a problem on 5ghz. Maxes out my connection at 240 down. Although I'm running it as an AP so I can't comment on how good of a router it is, it definitely has held up for the last 3 years without any problems. I barely reboot it, and when I do it's just because I feel like it. Not for any reason.

TC-7610 > R1 > Archer C7

Cool,and yes mine will be set in AP mode also,same set up before I got spoiled and had the dedicated ADSL for gaming.

The thing I'm still trying to figure out is if my router is decent or not,I've read a lot of stuff and everything says it's a solid router (solid not talking a 600 dollar router) but still looking around to find out something bad about it so I can replace it...LMAO

Again thanks for the tip on the modem and router MoD,it's appreciated

Cool,and yes mine will be set in AP mode also,same set up before I got spoiled and had the dedicated ADSL for gaming.

The thing I'm still trying to figure out is if my router is decent or not,I've read a lot of stuff and everything says it's a solid router (solid not talking a 600 dollar router) but still looking around to find out something bad about it so I can replace it...LMAO

Again thanks for the tip on the modem and router MoD,it's appreciated

External antennas. Nothing else needed to say.

Archived