Do I need to DMz my home modem/ router

yoo savdood i know you if you want my settings i use i normally stick with 70-70 for my congestion control i make sure i set my raidus to strict mode at 1000km  only have a ping assist of 45 and hyper traffic set to my ps4 :) if you have moderate nat type just jam in 3074 in your home modem port forward section

Hi guys, can I pick your brains one more time. I have set the dmz correctly, and I'm now wondering if I need to add address reservation on my modem/ router..(netgear d6200), in LAN settings. My "use router as DHCP" is already checked, start ip 192.58.0.2

Finish ip 192.68.0.254

If address reservation is required, am I using PS4, or netdmas! Thanks, hope I'm not sounding too dumb.

• Administrators

No you don't need to do that. ALL devices should be connected to the R1 to ensure that congestion control works correctly (I would recommend disabling WiFi on the Netgear or putting it in modem mode if possible to prevent WiFi devices automatically connecting to it). Then if you want to set static IPs for devices you can do so in Settings > DHCP lease on the Netduma.

• Netduma Staff

Hi guys, can I pick your brains one more time. I have set the dmz correctly, and I'm now wondering if I need to add address reservation on my modem/ router..(netgear d6200), in LAN settings. My "use router as DHCP" is already checked, start ip 192.58.0.2

Finish ip 192.68.0.254

If address reservation is required, am I using PS4, or netdmas! Thanks, hope I'm not sounding too dumb.

Hey, just wanted to see if you got this sorted?

Hi jack! I did fix this... but!! I'm only getting moderate Nat, this changes to strict after a while, I've read the forums and done everything you guys have suggested but to no avail! My gameplay is ok on moderate but I'd like to be open, which I am if I run my PS4 back to my modem/router via LAN cable without the r1 used!! Some help would b great!. Cheers steve.