Lag/connection help..

I've been having issues with connection while playing fps games most notable advanced warfare... also while playing battlefield 3. while running its like its sputtering and stuttering, and i shoot but its like they just soak up the bullets, but they shoot twice and killcam for me.. I've changed isp's due to lag spikes i was having and since then my internet diagnosis always shows exceptional on both jitter and spikes. not sure what else to do . any idea?

i posted the recommended screen shots  below

internet diagnosis- http://imgur.com/YsLrPKi

top half geo-http://imgur.com/woUqnyj

in game geo-http://imgur.com/qjRRlbz

typical ping graph in game-http://imgur.com/8lVaSGk

Everything looks ship shape and normal, your base ping is fine your duma screen shots are also fine.

Do you game while others are using the internet and have you set up congestion control ?

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=cc_settings&s[]=congestion&s[]=control

Sorry to go over this if you have but you have not mentioned this in your post.

yeah i thought everything looked ok. I'm not sure why its not working. Yeah i have congestion control set up ive tried pretty much every setting 70/70, 80/80 even all the way down to 30/30 still lags like crazy.I live on my own so im the only person online, only thing i usually have on while i play is laptop for geo and ps4.. phones hooked to it but i don't use while playing. also my download speed is 18 and up is 1. 

AW servers can be a pain and a bit flakey is the genral thought here , have you got an xbox 360 or a ps3 to test with older cods?, i usualy play these and they play great with the duma.

Thats not to say that AW can not play great , i set my geo to 316km UK missing out certain servers with ping assist off and i can get a few good games.

If you are uk could you try these settings and let me know how that feels

duma geo.jpg

thanks for replies guys and help..I'm in the U.S. I can try to put the filter lower tomorrow and see if it helps.I haven't tried the old cods to see if it works i was able to play battlefield eventually fr a bit. have a ps4 and yeah its wired not wifi. just weird how some people can play it for hours with no issues and i cant even play 30 mins without wanting to smash my controller out of frustration with connection.

Where about are you in the US are you? It is maybe that your filter and ping assist are hitting a dedicated server that has know issue's then If a US member would be good enough to comment and let us know where it is so you can miss it out.

In the mean time try making the geo smaller like you say and maybe set the ping assist to 0 so you stay within your filter :)

Hey Duma brother last 4 months i have tha same problem im from Kansas city and i just disable upnp and open some ports from portforward.com and is much better now i play with no lag just try this the nat is moderated but is really good amigo

Thanks for the replies :). okay I'll try and make it smaller and change ping assist. Hey hhugo do you by any chance have the ports you forwarded I've tried to do that before but didnt seem to help i may have missed some ports tho 

• Netduma Staff

Thanks for the replies :). okay I'll try and make it smaller and change ping assist. Hey hhugo do you by any chance have the ports you forwarded I've tried to do that before but didnt seem to help i may have missed some ports tho 

UPnP and port forwarding won't make a difference to how good your in game connections are. UPnP does exactly the same as port forwarding apart form you don't have to do anything.

We should start a thread of all the highly believed fallacies in gaming such as the ones that Crossy just stated. I would also add the whole DNS argument as well.

• Netduma Staff

We should start a thread of all the highly believed fallacies in gaming such as the ones that Crossy just stated. I would also add the whole DNS argument as well.

I actually love that suggestion!!!! :D Maybe something on the Wiki if Iain/Luke/Fraser agrees so that new users will definitely see it and it might stop them worrying about settings that aren't really going to make a difference.

I actually love that suggestion!!!! :D Maybe something on the Wiki if Iain/Luke/Fraser agrees so that new users will definitely see it? It would clear up soooo many misconceptions.

ok i got ya. thought it was worth a try lol thanks. i did change the geo filter setting and popped in destiny it seems to be working ok for now is there some way to find out were the did servers are for advanced warfare so i can avoid them? i just dont even wanna play it till i figure out how to get around the annoying dedi im in north carolina by the way meant to put that in last post :)

• Netduma Staff

ok i got ya. thought it was worth a try lol thanks. i did change the geo filter setting and popped in destiny it seems to be working ok for now is there some way to find out were the did servers are for advanced warfare so i can avoid them? i just dont even wanna play it till i figure out how to get around the annoying dedi im in north carolina by the way meant to put that in last post :)

You will just have to work out which of the dots are the dedis then make it so your GeoFilter does't cover them. Remember that the dedis will only ever be hosts so they shouldn't be too difficult to find :)

• Netduma Staff

Mmmm for i have Google fiber and duma with upnp is really bad but with portforward is for my very good i just open some port if you want i can tell you what ports.

What do you mean 'duma with UPnP is really bad'? Do you mean the games are bad or UPnP doesn't work? Because there is absolutely no difference between the two, you are getting the same results because they both just open the ports, they just use different methods.

• Netduma Staff

Turn off theater mode.

Also ONLY use yellow CAT6 cable. Any other color causes jitter that can't be measured except through killcams.

No offence if they weren't, but were those for the list of myths Buck suggested earlier or do they supposedly actually stop lag? :) I understand theatre mode but what about a red CAT 6 cable?

The only people who seem able to properly deal with lag for me is IW. Even with the R1 BO2 is horrible. I kept giving 0 ratings to servers last night. Was shooting people dead on and not a single hitmarker.

O ho the duma is very good i think Google fiber is my problem or upnp no open all ports im not expert i just see big difference when i do that

I have noticed while using upnp it will only forward 2 ports but when i check portforward.com for porst needed for advanced warfare i see 4 additional ones that are never open ..

Archived