Lag/connection help..

• Netduma Staff

I have noticed while using upnp it will only forward 2 ports but when i check portforward.com for porst needed for advanced warfare i see 4 additional ones that are never open ..

That means the game does't want them open. Do you have an Open NAT?

UPnP and port forwarding won't make a difference to how good your in game connections are. UPnP does exactly the same as port forwarding apart form you don't have to do anything.

I tried lower geo and moving it around..idk I'm just not having any luck with advanced warfare at all

• Administrators

Hi dota

We can't really help any further as the ping is low. So from a network point of view you are sorted.

Could it be other causes of lag? http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=low_ping_lag_suggestions

Also make sure the netduma is not near your console as the controller & router wifi may interfere giving the feeling of lag.

AW really is a roll of the dice game for many players.

Playing solo with the R1 90% of games the hit detection etc is bang on the money and some times it feels like I am cheating but I have been on the bad end so I guess I'm just making up for 7 years of frustration.

Last night was a mixed bag but the previous 3 nights I couldn't even get a lobby with 900km radius and 30ms ping assist and had to join friends in the USA.

Some games I can start out with a merciless out of the gate only for the game to seem to decide that's enough for me and then make me lag a lot for the rest of the game.

Playing solo always seems to give better results for me and I have tried on several occasions turning off the filter when playing solo just to remind me what it's like without the R1. It soon gets switched back on again. lol

A friend in the USA who I game with most nights has maybe 1 or 2 bad games a night and that is all, joining me with my R1 or in a party with others without me he hardly ever has issues.

OK I will stop babbling on now so ignore all the above and just read this bit.

Advanced Warfare is a mess. Dedicated servers do not always play very well. The matchmaking is probably the worst ever implemented in a COD game and as such even with an R1 you are going to have some issues.

(in my humble opinion)

Playing solo does have better results my theory is the party lobby's ping is averaged and the person with the better ping gets negative compensation.

These are my wild accusations :)

Playing solo does have better results my theory is the party lobby's ping is averaged and the person with the better ping gets negative compensation.

These are my wild accusations :)

When there are 2 or 3 USA based friends online I usually turn over the hosting to them, East coast US and I ping around 80-100 ms and for the most part the game plays well.

Last night I did this and had 2 yellow bars and came in 2nd on the leader board on Domination with around 27-12 and 9 captures.

Quick question, If I have my filter ON and join a lobby invite from ALLOWED friends will we still get games and what happens regarding the filter settings etc.?

Yeah it plays well because you are in a US party lobby and your ping is the highest. my theory again grain of salt time but it always rings true.

Filter question you will probaly get kicked as you are not the lobby leader, but try and see.

Archived