upnp

kizvandutch

• Netduma Staff

Does the upnp matter when it's enabled? I feel like I get better games when it's not enabled.

I don't think it can make a different to how your games are. It is just what opens the ports to your consoles without port forwarding.

• Netduma Staff

Crossy,so should UPNP be ticked or not ticked on the duma ?

Ah, I might have misunderstood the question. In Miscellaneous settings, if you have DMZ enabled have UPnP forwarding won't make a difference I don't think.

After re-reading the question originally asked, I must of misunderstood what was being asked. So to clear up, UPnP should be enabled in Settings >> UPnP otherwise unless you have port forwarded, you will have a closed NAT.

• Netduma Staff

ok what about under miscellaneous in settings...enable UPNP forwarding ?

I don't think there's any harm in having it ticked. But if you have DMZ enabled I don't think it would make a difference  :)

• Netduma Staff

I have read having a device using DMZ and UPNP can cause some conflicts with ports. I would say either have DMZ or UPNP not both.

Do you mean actual UPnP or UPnP forwarding? :)

Do you mean actual UPnP or UPnP forwarding? :)

Yes forwarding :) i didnt read the whole thread LOL silly me. Saying that on PS3 i always disable UPNP if i had it in DMZ and i got better results.

• Netduma Staff

Yes forwarding :) i didnt read the whole thread LOL silly me. Saying that on PS3 i always disable UPNP if i had it in DMZ and i got better results.

Ok :) I was just checking. I never experienced any issues with having them both enabled but I don't doubt that  it does cause conflictions.

UPnP has not worked for me the last couple updates. After an update, I had to manually forward the Xbox One ports just to have an Open NAT. UPnP has opened them enough to keep an open NAT since I got the router but something happened in one of the updates. I forget which one though. 

UPnP has not worked for me the last couple updates. After an update, I had to manually forward the Xbox One ports just to have an Open NAT. UPnP has opened them enough to keep an open NAT since I got the router but something happened in one of the updates. I forget which one though. 

Have you tried ticking Enable upnp forwarding in misc setting of the Netduma without forwarding ports Codester?

OK let me get this straight,first off i have nothing in DMZ and yes i have 2 routers (netgear and duma) and i don't have any issues.I have UPNP ticked in settings but in miscellaneous enable UPNP port forwarding i don't have it ticked.Should i tick it ?

Should mention this is because i got a PS4 and started poking around more between the duma and the PS4

• Netduma Staff

OK let me get this straight,first off i have nothing in DMZ and yes i have 2 routers (netgear and duma) and i don't have any issues.I have UPNP ticked in settings but in miscellaneous enable UPNP port forwarding i don't have it ticked.Should i tick it ?

Should mention this is because i got a PS4 and started poking around more between the duma and the PS4

What is your NAT Type on the PS4? I don't think it will be open if the router isn't in the DMZ and UPnP forwarding isn't enabled. If it isn't in the DMZ, then I definitely think you should enable UPnP, but if you have an open NAT, it might be best to not change anything :)

Hes saying he has upnp ticked as normal , but not upnp forwarding in misc crossy :)

If it is working fuzzy just leave it as it is :)

@ Crossy and Zennon... yeah i have no issues, open nat on all games and both PS3 and PS4.I know the old saying "if it ain't broke,don't fix it" but i'm always looking to make sure my settings are optimized and correct.

So no issues but was curious to what it should be set at,as always thanks for your assistance boys.

Archived