New firmware - DumaOS

Hi buddies,

I can understand that a lot of you are waiting for the new firmware,

but in my opinion you already have got the best router and firmware in the world.

There is absolutely no competitor on the router market besides Netduma.

I can understand that a lot of gamers think that the new firmware will fix the issues

they are facing in nowadays so-called "AAA-gaming titles", but in my opinion this is something

that no router in the world could ever fix. Just because if the servers or the netcode of a game

is just really bad, then you could optimize and tweak your connection to the maximum,

but the wtf moments in the game itself will stay, because the coding of the game is still bad.

I'm so glad that Iain and the Netduma crew take their time to develop a bug free experience for FREE

for us and that is why I can wait, no matter how long. I would even wait for years for the new firmware
to be released and that just because of these 2 reasons:

1. I don't have any issues with the current firmware and it works great.

2. We want it to work as bug free as possible and that needs time.

So guys, please don't get me wrong. I know a lot of you are really waiting, but on the other side,

please think about my 2 points from above and you will see that all will be fine.

Best regards, KayOneX-24.  :)

Hi buddies,

I can understand that a lot of you are waiting for the new firmware,

but in my opinion you already have got the best router and firmware in the world.

There is absolutely no competitor on the router market besides Netduma.

I can understand that a lot of gamers think that the new firmware will fix the issues

they are facing in nowadays so-called "AAA-gaming titles", but in my opinion this is something

that no router in the world could ever fix. Just because if the servers or the netcode of a game

is just really bad, then you could optimize and tweak your connection to the maximum,

but the wtf moments in the game itself will stay, because the coding of the game is still bad.

I'm so glad that Iain and the Netduma crew take their time to develop a bug free experience for FREE

for us and that is why I can wait, no matter how long. I would even wait for years for the new firmware

to be released and that just because of these 2 reasons:

1. I don't have any issues with the current firmware and it works great.

2. We want it to work as bug free as possible and that needs time.

So guys, please don't get me wrong. I know a lot of you are really waiting, but on the other side,

please think about my 2 points from above and you will see that all will be fine.

Best regards, KayOneX-24.  :)

Wish this were the case for me.  When I do get a game it's great gameplay.  I have had zero in game issues with lag or "wtf moments"  currently the issue at hand is the duma is not working.  geo-filter is either filtering out PSN items or kicking most of us out of full lobbies.  The only people it seems to be working for consistently are those that carry it's praises. Starting to seem almost by purpose. 

Wish this were the case for me.  When I do get a game it's great gameplay.  I have had zero in game issues with lag or "wtf moments"  currently the issue at hand is the duma is not working.  geo-filter is either filtering out PSN items or kicking most of us out of full lobbies.  The only people it seems to be working for consistently are those that carry it's praises. Starting to seem almost by purpose. 

I myself am quite frankly starting to get disappointed by the R1 router and NetDuma in general.  I've always stated I'm no PRO PLAYER and MLG player but for the most part I do alright when the stars align and cod gods shine down the light on me.  Lately though since Black Ops 3 and now the Infinite Warfare these 2 games are absolute trash for me connection and hit detection wise.  R1 router and NetDuma has not had any impact whatsoever for me when it comes to those 2 titles.  I've setup the router correctly etc and it just doesn't work as intended or as advertised to me at least.  Sure I make sure I don't connect to a lobby in JAPAN and my ping says 17-25 but that hasn't translated to the game.  I'm always in a lobby with someone on either team lagging and worse of all is I ALWAYS TAKE MORE BULLETS TO KILL THE OTHER PERSON.  When the other person shoots me it is 2-3 bullets and they kill me.  That is strictly for CALL OF DUTY TITLES and sad that I invested $199.99 for a router for one game.  I do not use any feature from the R1 router when it comes to Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1.

NOTE: Some might say that its my ISP but I'm not the only one feeling the same way in this forum or about this product.

Everybody is in such a hurry to be an early adopter. But such major changes always have quirks to iron out after release and that takes time. Not to mention people will blame anything and everything on the "new firmware bugged!!11", including rain falling and global warming. Developers will spend majority of their time just trying to figure out what are false positive reports and what rare few are real bug reports.

If you are happy with the router right now there's no reason to rush.

What if an obscure feature nobody cared for except you goes missing? What if a feature important to you doesn't work correctly? I'd rather wait 6 months after release to make sure it's going to be a smooth transition.

Everybody is in such a hurry to be an early adopter. But such major changes always have quirks to iron out after release and that takes time. Not to mention people will blame anything and everything on the "new firmware bugged!!11", including rain falling and global warming. Developers will spend majority of their time just trying to figure out what are false positive reports and what rare few are real bug reports.

If you are happy with the router right now there's no reason to rush.

What if an obscure feature nobody cared for except you goes missing? What if a feature important to you doesn't work correctly? I'd rather wait 6 months after release to make sure it's going to be a smooth transition.

Exactly.  :)

I understand why people are annoyed, there needs to be more info posted, it's gone quiet...

I mentioned this as friendly advice (i.e. to post pics or tweet about DumaOS) in a DM because I was hearing all the complaints, heck I even get DM'd about people being annoyed they're waiting & I'm just another consumer with no affiliation to the brand/team...

When the more loyal consumers get annoyed you know that some info, some pictures or a 1-2 line tweet is in order... I had good intentions with my advice but it was overlooked, I hope it won't be any longer. It came from a good place but I feel that some minds thought I was fishing for info... I wasn't, I know of people's frustrations because instead of expressing them to Fraser, Jack, Crossy, Adam, Luke or even Iain, they'll send me rants and lengthy DM's, sadly, I can't do anything...

As for the router & 1.03.6, I'm fine with it, the only nagging issue I have is when manually port forwarding & after an hour or 2 the router becomes slow, unresponsive, making my games turn to dog doo doo & the only fix requires a reboot...

I'm excited for DumaOS, not in the annoyed camp personally, but I've lost that drive or what I'd have called thirst (months ago) for the 2.0.0 fw. I'm more mellow, if it is ready to test, then great, if not, more of the same really...

In saying everything above, I don't want a rushed product either!

i just want the new update to try out the new features and see how it improves online connections. i agree with a7 every now and then tweet out something different about the new update or let us know the progress because we are eager to get our hands on it. 

Unixadmin makes no sense. Lol "exactly! " we've had plenty of time for patches to fix the current known bugs yet instead we're fish hooked with a "new improved.... fully unlock your routers potential" I'm right there with you on bench testing but have they fixed anything? No they just keep giving new firmware with newer bugs. And BTW they're known bugs, read the forums.

How 'bout we unlock the current firmwares potential and bench test those features first. Instead they've spent all their time and resources supposedly trying to reinvent the wheel so to speak. We were promised anti jitter AND hyperlane last update yet we received hyperlane, profiles, and the main issue at hand at that time was a known bug with the congestion control sliders. Also we have congestion control as well as device prioritization so why the need for hyperlane? Same thing then, instead fixing the issues at hand we were razzle dazzled with promises of new tech and received hyperlane that shows zero improvement and before someone says it does, I say prove it or stfu. Just make the fucking filter work, that's why we are all here. And when it doesn't work, all hands should be on deck for updates and fixes. Period.

Archived