Titanfall 2 is not well supported, constant disconnects

Most times when I enter matchmaking in the (PS4) multiplayer I get kicked out to the main screen with the message "Connection to the server timed out".

This is without strict mode, and ping assist set to 0.

This is with my default datacenter in the game configured as regional Frankfurt2.

When I disable the Host Filtering everything works, I play on regional server with about 28ms ping.

When I enable Host Filtering (without strict mode, without ping assist) I will get disconnected during matchmaking.  I noticed that during those matchmaking times a padlock host appears briefly somewhere above Seattle.  I don't know what significance this host has for the game but I am guessing that inability for us to connect is the reason why the game kicks me out.

Edit: I forgot to include the screenshot I took when Host Filtering was off where Seattle host, and many others can be seen:

http://imgur.com/a/bceOL

I don't play on PS4, but I have noticed that many of XB1's servers are mislocated.  Last night I had an 8ms ping to a server which was showing up almost 2000 miles away from me. (you can bet that server went on my "allowed" list quickly)

here's a quote from a different TF2 support thread on here:

Titanfall 2 has been tested as of yesterday; it seems you have to replicate what you choose in game with the Geofilter. For example, choosing the London server would mean you need to ensure that server is within the Geofilter radius. All in all though, games where the server is chosen in-game don't utilise the Geofilter very well; it's more useful for finding out more about the server than getting you a good connection.

I think Fraser's going to publish the results at some point, and he'll be doing a cloud update probably today or over the weekend to whitelist certain Titanfall 2 servers.

Until Netduma gets a little more support in this area, if you want to use the Geofilter, I would turn off strict mode and set your PA for however many ms you want and place your home pin in the ocean.  You'll be filtering by ping only and not location.

Most times when I enter matchmaking in the (PS4) multiplayer I get kicked out to the main screen with the message "Connection to the server timed out".

This is without strict mode, and ping assist set to 0.

This is with my default datacenter in the game configured as regional Frankfurt2.

When I disable the Host Filtering everything works, I play on regional server with about 28ms ping.

When I enable Host Filtering (without strict mode, without ping assist) I will get disconnected during matchmaking.  I noticed that during those matchmaking times a padlock host appears briefly somewhere above Seattle.  I don't know what significance this host has for the game but I am guessing that inability for us to connect is the reason why the game kicks me out.

Edit: I forgot to include the screenshot I took when Host Filtering was off where Seattle host, and many others can be seen:

http://imgur.com/a/bceOL

You don't need to use the Geo-Filter with Titanfall 2

• Administrators

As has been said above you need to replicate your Geo-filter settings with the Titanfall server you choose. A cloud update won't enable us to get around this, just ensure everything is mapped correctly. For TF2 the Geo-filter would be used more as a tool, see what the ping is. So just recommend disabling and leaving auto ping on.

Archived