Hooked up r1 but no connection

• Administrators

Your physical setup should be the following:

Your existing modem/router connected to the R1 port 1 to port 1. Then connect a wired PC to the R1 port 2. Do you get internet access? Can you access the interface this way? If not please follow this guide http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022375-i-unticked-preserve-settings-when-upgrading-can-t-access-my-router-help

I jusy set up the r1 followed everything right but cant connect to internet i was able to connect to the setup page but thats it and my internet provider is optimum online

Also i think i havr a coacial cable for my internet idk y or what thats for im a total noob

I think I might be able to give you some advice.  Before I proceed.  How are you trying to connect to the internet?  WiFi or wired?  Both ways you have no connection?  I am assuming everything is setup correctly and that you have a modem and router combo provided to you by your internet provider such as Comcast, Verizon FiOS etc.  With everything hooked up unplug the Modem and router combo from the wall.  Wait 30 seconds plug it back in.  As that is booting back up unplug the NetDuma router from the wall wait 30 seconds and plug it back in.  Once all the lights are back on wait 2 minutes for everything to sync etc.  Try going to  a website like www.IGN.com  I've had similar issues like you mentioned and usually just the hardware needs to be restarted so that they can sync up and talk to one another again. 

NOTE: I am not a professional just sharing my experience.  Hope it helps.

Thank You

I think I might be able to give you some advice. Before I proceed. How are you trying to connect to the internet? WiFi or wired? Both ways you have no connection? I am assuming everything is setup correctly and that you have a modem and router combo provided to you by your internet provider such as Comcast, Verizon FiOS etc. With everything hooked up unplug the Modem and router combo from the wall. Wait 30 seconds plug it back in. As that is booting back up unplug the NetDuma router from the wall wait 30 seconds and plug it back in. Once all the lights are back on wait 2 minutes for everything to sync etc. Try going to a website like www.IGN.com I've had similar issues like you mentioned and usually just the hardware needs to be restarted so that they can sync up and talk to one another again.

NOTE: I am not a professional just sharing my experience. Hope it helps.

Thank You

Idk how to post on this really but i got the interface thankyou i have one last question i read other forums nd stuff but i dont understand a word they say but how do i hook up the r1 as a secondary router i have my main internet provider and another one that i need unless is there a way to have r1 as primary and other one as secondary

I think i hooked it up properly i got internet but when i do speedtest it says i have 22 download and when i dont have this set up i have 50 download did i do something wrong??

Go to the netduma interface go to settings then to miscellaneous and uncheck ENABLE DEEP PACKET PROCESSING.  That should give you full speed on your wired laptop when tested.

Idk how to post on this really but i got the interface thankyou i have one last question i read other forums nd stuff but i dont understand a word they say but how do i hook up the r1 as a secondary router i have my main internet provider and another one that i need unless is there a way to have r1 as primary and other one as secondary

There is a way to only use ONLY THE NetDuma R1 as your primary router.  Put the modem/router from your internet provider into BRIDGE MODE.  You can probably do that through the modem settings or you can call up the internet provider and they will do it for you.  

How did you fix the no connection issue you had?

Go to the netduma interface go to settings then to miscellaneous and uncheck ENABLE DEEP PACKET PROCESSING.  That should give you full speed on your wired laptop when tested.

There is a way to only use ONLY THE NetDuma R1 as your primary router.  Put the modem/router from your internet provider into BRIDGE MODE.  You can probably do that through the modem settings or you can call up the internet provider and they will do it for you.  

How did you fix the no connection issue you had?

i think i got it working right i got like 40 download even tho i should have 50 but its whatever and ill go ahead and try calling my internet provider to see if they can put it in bridge mode cause i have no idea how that works lol also i fixed it by hooking up the R1 wit my comp using the ethernet cable and from there i was able to access the interface and fix the issue 

Have you input your correct bandwidth into the duma under device management page?make sure sliders are both on 100% with reactive algorithm,also disable Ipv6 in lan wan and miscellaneous

yep just did this thanks it worked but only have 40 download should have 50 but its whatever to me 

ok i had it working for about 30min now i just cant connect to the internet anymore idk why i dont think i did anything to mess it up any suggestions please it says im connected but cant load anything everytime i try it says the site cant be reached or connection interrupted and im also on wireless please leave a few suggestions because i will be at work so i cant try anything until the evening when everyone on the uk is asleep

Your physical setup should be the following:

Your existing modem/router connected to the R1 port 1 to port 1. Then connect a wired PC to the R1 port 2. Do you get internet access? Can you access the interface this way? If not please follow this guide http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022375-i-unticked-preserve-settings-when-upgrading-can-t-access-my-router-help

i got the wifi connected but i cant accesse online cant load any pages

• Administrators

Connect via ethernet cable, are you able to access the internet? If so follow this guide for WiFi: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022405-why-does-the-netduma-wifi-keep-dropping-out-

For your speeds:

• Preemptive or Reactive Algorithm both should get your speeds otherwise go with reactive
  • 100% anti-flood
  • Share excess enabled
  • Reset device prioritisation & apply
  • Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
  • Disable deep packet in misc
  • Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
  • Do a wired speed test from a PC

If you're still not getting your full speeds enable turbo mode in settings > miscellaneous.

Connect via ethernet cable, are you able to access the internet? If so follow this guide for WiFi: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022405-why-does-the-netduma-wifi-keep-dropping-out-

For your speeds:

• Preemptive or Reactive Algorithm both should get your speeds otherwise go with reactive
  • 100% anti-flood
  • Share excess enabled
  • Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
If you're still not getting your full speeds enable turbo mode in settings > miscellaneous.
ok ill try that when i get home from work but the stuff u wrote should i have that set up for wireless or have it set up while following the link that u sent me

Connect via ethernet cable, are you able to access the internet? If so follow this guide for WiFi: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022405-why-does-the-netduma-wifi-keep-dropping-out-

For your speeds:

• 100% anti-flood
  • Share excess enabled
that didnt work still cant connect to any site

• Netduma Staff

It could be something to do with the physical set-up again; try switching out the ethernet cable for another one. You might need to put your Netduma into the DMZ of your hub; you can do this on the hub interface by typing in the IP address of the Netduma into the DMZ section. Also, what firmware version are you on?

If the setup is still like this: ISP Hub -> Router -> Netduma, disable wi-fi on your ISP and the other router. The Netduma should be the only one with wi-fi enabled.

It could be something to do with the physical set-up again; try switching out the ethernet cable for another one. You might need to put your Netduma into the DMZ of your hub; you can do this on the hub interface by typing in the IP address of the Netduma into the DMZ section. Also, what firmware version are you on?

If the setup is still like this: ISP Hub -> Router -> Netduma, disable wi-fi on your ISP and the other router. The Netduma should be the only one with wi-fi enabled.

i got it working i tried factory reset and now it works flawlessly thanks

Archived