Titan Fall 2 Rising as other shooters fall short?!?

ltr7

So I've been playing TF2 for the past few days and all I can say is WOW this game is way better than I expected. If you love FPS then you owe it to yourself to give this a go, Hands down best hit detection since Resistance for PS3. I just play pilot on pilot for the most part and it plays absolutely great, biggest bank of REAL dedicated servers with a built in server browser!!! Don't get me wrong I love me some COD but the last few years with all the "supply drops" and DLC corrupting the gun play, not to mention the piss poor connections has me looking for any and all options. I included a TDM game play don't mind the part when I'm standing in the corner for a min had to take a phone call lol. Did I forget to mention all the DLC is free and there is no weapon variants;)

https://youtu.be/L1aUcgGVPlk

https://youtu.be/LmIhClO9p-k

I've been trying to get into TF2, but I just think the maps are bad for pilot vs pilot.  Also I think they have really damaged the game with those stupid pulse grenades, wall hacks, and turrets.  It's a shame because the game offers a great value with free DLC, but because of it's short comings I think I'll still prefer Infinite Warfare.

This game is a blast.  As a avid TF1 Player there were some changes I was disappointed in seeing.  I agree with Sgt-Greco  The titans are lacking a little luster, but there are some really cool weapons on them.  The Gatling gun shreds.  The grappling hook is a sweet pilot option, kind of like being spiderman, plus you can use it to rodeo titans.  

Compared to the first one they have provided so many new options to your kit set up, but each advantage comes at a cost for something else.  I have been spending a bunch of games figuring out set ups for some of particular game modes or maps.  Hit detection is fricken awesome.  I haven't had very many laggy games.  I'd be lying if I said none, but I have only been having the issue on some of the lesser played modes where they needed to bring in players from further distances to populate the matches. That brings me to the matchmaking gripe I have noticed... On XBOX  It's all dedicated servers which is OK I guess, but this new matchmaking system can change the players in the lobby on a game to game basis.  It stinks if you wind up in a great game with other players who really know how the game is meant to be played. Then the very next match you can wind up playing against totally different players.  On a positive side of that, if you end up in a lobby with really really good players and get smoked the entire match, you'll find yourself in a new lobby in the next game which will most likely be players more equal to your own skill level. However one of the great things about TF1 was when you did get that great lobby you played with/against the same group of players until they dropped off the server. It was fun to develop the rivalry with some player you hated when they were on the opposite team, but loved when they were on yours.

I'm telling you guys, the movement system with this game totally changes the way you look at getting from one side of a map to the other.  COD is fun and all, but its movement mechanics pale in comparison to TF's.  Once you figure it out, you'll want it in every FPS you own.

So I've been playing TF2 for the past few days and all I can say is WOW this game is way better than I expected. If you love FPS then you owe it to yourself to give this a go, Hands down best hit detection since Resistance for PS3. I just play pilot on pilot for the most part and it plays absolutely great, biggest bank of REAL dedicated servers with a built in server browser!!! Don't get me wrong I love me some COD but the last few years with all the "supply drops" and DLC corrupting the gun play, not to mention the piss poor connections has me looking for any and all options. I included a TDM game play don't mind the part when I'm standing in the corner for a min had to take a phone call lol. Did I forget to mention all the DLC is free and there is no weapon variants;)

https://youtu.be/L1aUcgGVPlk

https://youtu.be/LmIhClO9p-k

I was hoping it would be much better. Right now, the connections are horrible on this game for me. Lucky if I can get below 50ms ping but more often than not I am getting pings in the 80ms plus. Other games like Overwatch I am still getting pings between 10ms to 15ms with servers located across the country vs a state or two over. TF2 in the last week has been worse for me than COD BO3 in regards to the connection issue, if that is possible. That alone ruins the experience over everything else.

A few other reason where it falls short of other FPS games:

1. Lack of challenges compared to other games like COD.
  2. Lack of load out options vs other games.
  3. For a fast paced shooter, it feels like it often lacks a lot of action.
  4. Doesn't provide in game or overall stats. That is a game killer for me.

While this is a fun game, it only holds my interest for a very short period of time due to some of the reasons I feel it is inferior to others.

As far as comparing it to other games, this would be either the 3rd or 4th on my list to play. Basically it means it is probably going on the shelf and just going to collect dust at this point. Very disappointed in the result, had much higher expectations. Might try it again in three or four weeks and see if they fixed some of the things that I dislike but in its current state, it's a non starter.

stats will be soon available. all of your progress is safe.

I heard that too but I am interested to see if they will implement them in game so at least you can see your K/D per game or if it is just an overall rating. I really want it in game even if it is not public.

I heard that too but I am interested to see if they will implement them in game so at least you can see your K/D per game or if it is just an overall rating. I really want it in game even if it is not public.

they had amazing stats in the first version.  I'm sure it will come to the next. 

I was hoping it would be much better. Right now, the connections are horrible on this game for me. Lucky if I can get below 50ms ping but more often than not I am getting pings in the 80ms plus. Other games like Overwatch I am still getting pings between 10ms to 15ms with servers located across the country vs a state or two over. TF2 in the last week has been worse for me than COD BO3 in regards to the connection issue, if that is possible. That alone ruins the experience over everything else.

A few other reason where it falls short of other FPS games:

1. Lack of challenges compared to other games like COD.
  2. Lack of load out options vs other games.
  3. For a fast paced shooter, it feels like it often lacks a lot of action.
  4. Doesn't provide in game or overall stats. That is a game killer for me.

While this is a fun game, it only holds my interest for a very short period of time due to some of the reasons I feel it is inferior to others.

As far as comparing it to other games, this would be either the 3rd or 4th on my list to play. Basically it means it is probably going on the shelf and just going to collect dust at this point. Very disappointed in the result, had much higher expectations. Might try it again in three or four weeks and see if they fixed some of the things that I dislike but in its current state, it's a non starter.

I guess what you dislike about the game is what I like the most, options but not to many Battlefield for instance has way to many options and menu screens imo. I don't really need challenges outside of the campaign instead I prefer the games focus to be on the gun balance and connection quality and in my opinion they smacked the nail on the head. Anymore I feel newer FPS game to have way to many icons emblems and other camo creator programs within the games and they sacrifice what a shooter is all about, crispy clean consistent hit detection with as little BS as possible. Some of the smaller maps are quite action packed and as far as stats go, meh I was in the top of the HC leader boards on PS4 last year and didn't even notice.

I love it play on both consoles and have no problem getting games at all, night or day.  I know there are some things that need tweeking but nothing really major IMO!  (OK maybe the mini map sucks)

I liked the Gen system in TF1 but can live with the ranking system as it is in this game.  For me the movement, maps and play is great.  Looking forward to many hours of play on TF2 and don't care if I ever play COD again until atleast they bring out a better game.

Archived