Trying to figure Titanfall 2 Servers

DumaRocks

It was my understanding Titanfall 2 was suppose to be on Dedicated servers. It's only been a day and I tried to comment on TF2 forums to see if someone could answer this but nothing yet, just a video on tick rate and latency which was not the question.

So when I look at duma, it tells me I am connecting to server and when I click the the big circle it says "UPDATE". Is it correct that is a personal host, I thought that what I was told on this forum before. In the titan fall menu, I can select a dedi but when the game started, I am not connected to that state or any server that says "TEMP BAN". On top of that I seem to be getting pings higher than I do in COD. 

Anyone else have this experience or perhaps know what is happening with Titanfall 2 servers?

I have also noticed when i take those servers that say "UPDATE" and put them like a 1% it doesn't stop them from connecting. Did Titanfall 2 perhaps find some way around the GEO Filters if that is even possible or maybe the GEO filters are not reading what is going on correctly. Just a thought.

Just an update and some more info if this helps to clarify what I am seeing.

Correct me if I am wrong but if this is a dedicated server shouldn't it say "TEMP BAN". Take a look at the in game ping for TF2, 82, that is saying it is a good, LOL. No wonder why kill cams don't ever show me shooting at the player after I am killed. I actually have better luck with COD servers than this most of the time. Am I missing something? Also, when I try to update the server it keeps connecting to, it marking it like at 1% or 2% it still connects to it. It kind of acts like when you try to Temp Ban a server farm, it just reconnects you to another in the same location. Is it possible Duma is not recognizing this is as dedicated server?

There are no dedicated servers in Kansas on the list for TF2 when it gives you the option to pick. The closest ones too me is Iowa and SC with pings right at were my avg ping is 20ms - 22ms. Those two areas are the ones it says I am connecting to in the TF2 menu but than I get that stupid bubble on the duma in Kansas and some other locations that don't match the deli's in the game.

Would love some input on why you think this is happening if anyone has ideas. I am going to try and force the Iowa ones but not sure if it will work. If it does, I will report back to here.

tf2update.png
tf1ping.png

Follow up when trying to force Iowa servers, it doesn't work. Won't connect me. Ends up connecting me to server in Southern Illinois which appears to be another P2P. I get that red dotted circle and than while it is finding a lobby it just errors out saying... "Connection to server timed out".

So it appears that Titanfall 2 is the new COD, possibly even worse, at least from my experience in the last day. Never had these issues with BF1 or Overwatch. I just don't get it.

It was my understanding Titanfall 2 was suppose to be on Dedicated servers. It's only been a day and I tried to comment on TF2 forums to see if someone could answer this but nothing yet, just a video on tick rate and latency which was not the question.

So when I look at duma, it tells me I am connecting to server and when I click the the big circle it says "UPDATE". Is it correct that is a personal host, I thought that what I was told on this forum before. In the titan fall menu, I can select a dedi but when the game started, I am not connected to that state or any server that says "TEMP BAN". On top of that I seem to be getting pings higher than I do in COD. 

Anyone else have this experience or perhaps know what is happening with Titanfall 2 servers?

I have also noticed when i take those servers that say "UPDATE" and put them like a 1% it doesn't stop them from connecting. Did Titanfall 2 perhaps find some way around the GEO Filters if that is even possible or maybe the GEO filters are not reading what is going on correctly. Just a thought.

Just an update and some more info if this helps to clarify what I am seeing.

Correct me if I am wrong but if this is a dedicated server shouldn't it say "TEMP BAN". Take a look at the in game ping for TF2, 82, that is saying it is a good, LOL. No wonder why kill cams don't ever show me shooting at the player after I am killed. I actually have better luck with COD servers than this most of the time. Am I missing something? Also, when I try to update the server it keeps connecting to, it marking it like at 1% or 2% it still connects to it. It kind of acts like when you try to Temp Ban a server farm, it just reconnects you to another in the same location. Is it possible Duma is not recognizing this is as dedicated server?

There are no dedicated servers in Kansas on the list for TF2 when it gives you the option to pick. The closest ones too me is Iowa and SC with pings right at were my avg ping is 20ms - 22ms. Those two areas are the ones it says I am connecting to in the TF2 menu but than I get that stupid bubble on the duma in Kansas and some other locations that don't match the deli's in the game.

Would love some input on why you think this is happening if anyone has ideas. I am going to try and force the Iowa ones but not sure if it will work. If it does, I will report back to here.

tf2update.png

tf1ping.png

Follow up when trying to force Iowa servers, it doesn't work. Won't connect me. Ends up connecting me to server in Southern Illinois which appears to be another P2P. I get that red dotted circle and than while it is finding a lobby it just errors out saying... "Connection to server timed out".

So it appears that Titanfall 2 is the new COD, possibly even worse, at least from my experience in the last day. Never had these issues with BF1 or Overwatch. I just don't get it.

It is not P2P... I don't know why so many people have problems with this... If the IP addresses of the servers are not added to the Netduma cloud database then it will not show up as a dedicated server. There is no magical way to detect a server vs a player host. In the end the Netduma only sees an IP address. The Netduma team has to keep this database up to date, and since they've been busy with DumaOS 2 they have been slacking :P

Now to fix this problem, you can take note of all of these IDs and post them in the proper thread located here:

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/1723-cloud-incorrect-locations/

It is not P2P... I don't know why so many people have problems with this... If the IP addresses of the servers are not added to the Netduma cloud database then it will not show up as a dedicated server. There is no magical way to detect a server vs a player host. In the end the Netduma only sees an IP address. The Netduma team has to keep this database up to date, and since they've been busy with DumaOS 2 they have been slacking :P

Now to fix this problem, you can take note of all of these IDs and post them in the proper thread located here:

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/1723-cloud-incorrect-locations/

I don't have a problem with it, I just clearly don't fully understand it since that is the first time I have heard that. That was the reason for me posting on here so people smarter than me on this subject can provide a better explanation.

Perhaps what you say s true. Would you happen to know why none of the server locations that you can choose from on the Titanfall 2 menu are chosen though? Iowa and South Carolina are the ones I am most likely to connect to and possibly St Louis as well but I am never connected to those. It connects me to random servers for whatever reason, servers further away and often have much higher ping rates.

I suppose there could be other servers but why wouldn't those be listed and why would they connect me to those vs the servers listed that are much closer and according to the menu system have much much lower ping rates. Forgive my ignorance on the subject but when I ping above 65ms, I start seeing problems and that is what is happening with the servers it connects me to.

Just trying to make sense of how this matchmaking system works.

Appreciate you clarifying the "UPDATE" vs the "TEMP BAN", I was unaware of that.

I don't have a problem with it, I just clearly don't fully understand it since that is the first time I have heard that. That was the reason for me posting on here so people smarter than me on this subject can provide a better explanation.

I know, there's a bunch of people who don't understand it though and like to argue that they are P2P when they aren't it's just an undiscovered IP range for new or different servers.

Perhaps what you say s true. Would you happen to know why none of the server locations that you can choose from on the Titanfall 2 menu are chosen though? Iowa and South Carolina are the ones I am most likely to connect to and possibly St Louis as well but I am never connected to those. It connects me to random servers for whatever reason, servers further away and often have much higher ping rates.

I suppose there could be other servers but why wouldn't those be listed and why would they connect me to those vs the servers listed that are much closer and according to the menu system have much much lower ping rates. Forgive my ignorance on the subject but when I ping above 65ms, I start seeing problems and that is what is happening with the servers it connects me to.

Just trying to make sense of how this matchmaking system works.

I haven't played TF2 but I imagine they are still working on the networking code. If I understand what you're saying it could also be due to mislocated servers not being in the netduma database. If an IP isn't in the database for some reason the default location on almost every geo-locating IP map is Kansas.

I know, there's a bunch of people who don't understand it though and like to argue that they are P2P when they aren't it's just an undiscovered IP range for new or different servers.

I haven't played TF2 but I imagine they are still working on the networking code. If I understand what you're saying it could also be due to mislocated servers not being in the netduma database. If an IP isn't in the database for some reason the default location on almost every geo-locating IP map is Kansas.

Ok, another little nugget I didn't know which is the mislocated servers being default of Kansas. That is frustrating because both the St Louis and South Carolina servers show up on the map but they won't let me connect. Even duma is showing as lesser pings.

Ok, another little nugget I didn't know which is the mislocated servers being default of Kansas. That is frustrating because both the St Louis and South Carolina servers show up on the map but they won't let me connect. Even duma is showing as lesser pings.

Sounds like that's the game, it found a more suitable lobby for you to join and puts you there.

• Administrators

As said a few times we need to update the cloud. If you appear to be getting P2P hosts but they are dedicated servers then we'll need to add them to the list. We are currently waiting for the game to arrive to test it.

Archived