Cod IW geofilter settings

Hi people, i wanted to ask some questions.

I live in germany and when i do trace to the german dedi or dutch dedi it traces to somewhere in the usa, is that normal?

how do you settup your geofilter for cod IW?when i tick strict mode i get booted out every time even if the host is in my radius.

is ping assist acting weird? for IW i tried using PA only (without distance filter), i set my to 25ms but i connected to random servers over 30+ ms servers.

is there any one who is playing IW on the german or dutch dedi? i have the feeling they are completely offline, as i never connected to them, but i can see them on the map when i boot up the game. the only dedi i can connect to is the france dedi, which i do not like to play on.

• Administrators

1. Traceroute can be inaccurate so I wouldn't pay attention to it
  2. You shouldn't be getting booted out unless you're not the party leader. Ensure you have auto&bleeding edge cloud enabled. Keep in mind it's still a beta.
  3. If PA detects a game under the limit even for a second it will allow it through so this is possibly what happened.
  4. You should be able to force a dedi - setup Geo, then hard turn off console and wait for map to clear then boot up & search

Played ok except on the odd occasions,i played with geo on with strict ticked(by mistake) until I got kicked lol.Then turned it off strict mode I mean and all was ok

As it's a BETA wasn't to concerned, when the game itself comes out it will change again.I liked the game as well.

If anyone noticed anything being blocked when booted with strict on please let me know the ID.

Nothing would come up blocked, it would just kick you from the lobby.. It was 50/50 with strict mode enabled, if I was going to get to play or get kicked.. I think it has to do with it being mixed dedis and p2p servers.. it would lock on to a dedi and then the host would switch to a p2p or vice versa and would kick me.. hopefully when the game actually launches that will be cured..

That's what I'm thinking too, becuase when I turned the filter off I would still look to see where I was connecting. And I would start off in Atlanta's dedi farm and then get switched up to NY or out to Cali..Hopefully when the game fully releases they don't have this host migration change..

• 2 weeks later...

Same as well either I need to turn off geo and leave strict mode on but than my geo won't work or I leave geo on but strict mode off but than I may find games outside the radius but with both on constantly getting booted from lobbies and I cover all of United States.

Same for me also! Strange thing is that sometimes it works fine and other times I'm booted from a lobby.

I thought it was cause of strict mode on - so I turned it off, got into couple lobbies fine, but then kept getting booted from some. So I don't think it's strict mode issue. (I think)

Cause it works at times.....:/

All I know is that when geo filter is enabled:

PA -0

Strict off or on ( dosent matter for me)

CC settings - DL/UL @ 35%-35%

The game plays great for me and is pretty consistent.

With geo disabled it plays okay, just not consistent.

All I want is consistency.

Thats my issue is I'm getting booted from the consistent lobbies i want and I think it might be cause of GEO filter....?! My testing at least.

Keep in mind I'm in Hawaii so I'm trying to channel players in the west coast region. Which when geo is enabled I get all west coast and it's great, but get I booted a lot now.

Is it going P2P or are there Dedi Servers?!

• Administrators

I'll try to explain this as much as possible:

At first the game chooses a player to host the lobby, this person will be inside your radius. Once it starts loading into a game it will switch over to a dedicated server. If your radius is too small or you do not have a dedicated server in your radius then you may get booted. However, that should not occur if you've got a dedicated server in your radius already. If you get booted can you take a look at what is being blocked and provide me with the ID please.

~1000km/~650miles

Strict on

Ping assist 0 

That should be okay for most areas.

I'll try to explain this as much as possible:

At first the game chooses a player to host the lobby, this person will be inside your radius. Once it starts loading into a game it will switch over to a dedicated server. If your radius is too small or you do not have a dedicated server in your radius then you may get booted. However, that should not occur if you've got a dedicated server in your radius already. If you get booted can you take a look at what is being blocked and provide me with the ID please.

~1000km/~650miles

Strict on

Ping assist 0 

That should be okay for most areas.

i usually play on the dutch and german dedi server, however in IW i nearly never get on these two server. the game always tries to connect to the italian server, which i dont want to play on, so i get booted out 90% of the time. so what can i do if i dont want to play on that server?

Can you take a screenshot of your map when that's happening please. Try this, include italy server in radius but temp ban straight away and see if it'll put you in another. 

directly screenshot when i get booted out? temp ban does not help i just get into another italian lobby

So after doing some tuning it's almost 98% of the time I'm connecting P2P with people in Cali and then connecting to the dedi server on the east coast. It's the only dedi I know cause it has a temp ban while the others I can allow n such.

Is there other dedi servers on the west coast?!

I'm in Hawaii and although things play pretty good, I still get randomly booted. My settings which have been consistent and great for me:

Geo enabled

Distance - all of Hawaii and the west coast

Strict off

PA - 0

CC - DL 35% UL35%

Hyper/QOs - both ports 3074 & 3076 linked

Internet 300DL 200UL ( I know it's a lot)

I can't find a game or connect to a lobby if I have strict on.

• Administrators

in the end i got booted

wtf why  cant i attach a file

Click more reply options, upload then attach to the post.

So after doing some tuning it's almost 98% of the time I'm connecting P2P with people in Cali and then connecting to the dedi server on the east coast. It's the only dedi I know cause it has a temp ban while the others I can allow n such.

Is there other dedi servers on the west coast?!

I'm in Hawaii and although things play pretty good, I still get randomly booted. My settings which have been consistent and great for me:

Geo enabled

Distance - all of Hawaii and the west coast

Strict off

PA - 0

CC - DL 35% UL35%

Hyper/QOs - both ports 3074 & 3076 linked

Internet 300DL 200UL ( I know it's a lot)

I can't find a game or connect to a lobby if I have strict on.

What's the ping to this east coast server? It's quite possible it's mislocated in which case can you post the ID here please so I can correct it: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/18965-cloud-incorrect-locations 

Can you port forward manually all the ports needed and see if that helps, someone reported that it does.

Something that has been working pretty well for me is once turning on the PS4, is turning on the geo-filter before ever loading the game.. Where this didn't work in BO3 it seems to be the only way for the geo-filter to work properly in IW. I still get kicked from the occasional lobby but it works around 80% of the time..

Archived