Problematic Internet Speeds

DogginRocks

Hi all!

I've not posted in here for quite some time, but I'm looking for some help...

I'm having really bad issues with my internet download/upload speeds through my NetDuma router! I'm in the UK and my ISP is Sky. I am on the top fibre optic they offer for personal use.

My problem has only been since the last update to the router?

When I run a speedtest through my Sky router I am getting 26 Down / 10 Up (Hardwired connection to my PC)

When I hardwire my PC to my NetDuma my results dramatically change! I'm lucky if I get 5 down / 3 up!

Also, since the last update my wireless connection in the house seems to drop out nearly every day, resulting in me having to turn off my router, then back on again so anybody can connect to it wirelessly!

I don't know if it's coincidence, but it has only happened since my last update?

Please help, I'm struggling to play online console games and I'm lagging really bad on COD, to the point it feels like before I got my NetDuma!

Thanks for any help you can give me! I always appreciate the support you guys provide :)

• Netduma Staff

Could you check out this instruction guide and see if you have full speeds after doing the recommended thing. Could you also reset the device prioritisation distribution and finally make sure the bandwidth caps are on 100% when you are doing the speed test.

To solve the Wifi drop outs, can you go to settings >> miscellaneous and disable 'wifi workaround' and see if that solved the issue for that problem.

Could you check out this instruction guide and see if you have full speeds after doing the recommended thing. Could you also reset the device prioritisation distribution and finally make sure the bandwidth caps are on 100% when you are doing the speed test.

To solve the Wifi drop outs, can you go to settings >> miscellaneous and disable 'wifi workaround' and see if that solved the issue for that problem.

Holy ****! I'm an absolute idiot! I totally forgot about conjestion control! Just re-run the test and got near similar results! I feel like an absolute tool now! lmao! Oh well, I needed to ask about the wifi anyway!

I've disabled the wifi 'workaround' so hopefully that will do the trick! Thanks for your help! Love this forum! <3

• Netduma Staff

Holy ****! I'm an absolute idiot! I totally forgot about conjestion control! Just re-run the test and got near similar results! I feel like an absolute tool now! lmao! Oh well, I needed to ask about the wifi anyway!

I've disabled the wifi 'workaround' so hopefully that will do the trick! Thanks for your help! Love this forum!

Hehe, don't worry about it man! Iain spent near to 10 hours on support with me and it was because of a broken Ethernet cable that he had already asked me to check, lol. I'm pretty sure the disabling wifi workaround would work as there were other members having the issue you are describing and it fixed it for them :)

I've disabled the wifi 'workaround' so hopefully that will do the trick! Thanks for your help! Love this forum! <3

Yeah disabling the workaround works for me.

Hi guys, I'm afraid after disabling 'workaround' I am still having the same issues with my wifi in my home dropping out! I still have internet, everything hard wired to the modem still has internet access, but my wifi drops out again every day! Arfter initially disabling it, it didn't happen for a few days, but now its gone back to dropping out every single day! I have to do one of two things to get it back up - either turn the power to my modem off and on again, OR access my router, go to settings>wifi> and click apply!

This has only happened since my last update, wondering if there's something I can do to perminantly fix the problem?

Archived