Not getting speeds I'm paying for. Help?!?!

LOUD--NINJA

Two things I need help with.

1) I'm not getting the speeds I'm paying for when I run a speed test. Everything was fine up until about a week ago. I've reset/rebooted the modem & NetDuma. Set the Bandwidth to what I am getting in the speed test while connected to the modem alone. Those speeds are 400/23 When I connect Netduma I get what you see in the picture  that is attached.

Can anyone help?

2) How can I remove, not block, but remove items or devices from the  Device Prioritisation?

post-4840-0-49624900-1477031911.jpg

post-4840-0-74981800-1477031912_thumb.jpg

post-4840-0-97238200-1477031914_thumb.jpg

post-4840-0-82433100-1477031918.jpg

post-4840-0-56044100-1477031923_thumb.jpg

post-4840-0-79488200-1477031926_thumb.jpg

1) I'm not getting the speeds I'm paying for when I run a speed test. Everything was fine up until about a week ago. I've reset/rebooted the modem & NetDuma. Set the Bandwidth to what I am getting in the speed test while connected to the modem alone. Those speeds are 400/23 When I connect Netduma I get what you see in the picture  that is attached.

Can anyone help?

2) How can I remove, not block, but remove items or devices from the  Device Prioritisation?

Try testing with http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

I've had issues this past week with speedtest.net

Ensure that you give the priority to your device I.e laptop, or Console that is what I have done in the past when speeds appear to be down.

So set the device priority to 100 and the sliders to 100 and see if that makes any difference

• Administrators

1. Reactive Algorithm

100% anti-flood

Share excess enabled

Reset device prioritisation & apply

Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc

Disable deep packet in misc

Enable turbo mode

Enable super turbo mode

Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.

Do a wired speed test from a PC

2. Reboot from settings > miscellaneous then delete devices from device manager. 

1. Reactive Algorithm

100% anti-flood

Share excess enabled

Reset device prioritisation & apply

Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc

Disable deep packet in misc

Enable turbo mode

Enable super turbo mode

Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.

Do a wired speed test from a PC

2. Reboot from settings > miscellaneous then delete devices from device manager. 

I have tried everything requested and I am getting lower speeds now.

Connected directly to Modem I get my Normal speeds. 

I've tried multiple speed test sites and same low result while connected to Netduma.

Has the NetDuma just stopped working? How Do I go by fixing this issue? (possible broken/Malfunctioning NetDuma)

Try this. Put in 100/100cc, reactive, deep packet processing off, turbo and super turbo mode checked. Turn off modem for a minute, turn off router for a min or unplug, turn on modem, wait a min, turn on netduma, speed test dsl reports. Lmk.

Nothing changes. Still super low speeds. everything everyone has suggested I've tried and speeds do not exceedmore than 2/10 while connected to Netduma. Connected directly to Modem 400/25 (I pay for 300/20)

I used to get Ping 14-18, Now 300+

Ur misc screen shot shows ur set up is wrong.

Guessing u have twc. Seen quite a few ppl on here having issues

Yes, that was my first set up. How I was told to set up from the beginning guide. It was working with no problems (Yes with TWC, no issues at all). This started happening 2 days ago.

I have set up the way you and others have said to set up. Still doesn't work.  (please do not look at images as those were for the initial post, not now) 

my Misc set up is what you and others (which is the same set up) recommend. 

Yes I understand. There are multiple posts on this and no real answer. I believe it's something on twc end. Seen guys swap modems and everything. No real fix. One guy said it's twc not pushing a firmware which makes no sense. Once netduma is added. Even after being set up right. Speeds drop after a few speed tests. Makes no sense as netduma can handle 896Meg down. So mikrotik says. Modems used, Motorola, cm500/600, tp link tc 7620. All had same issues. Search forums sorry man I haven't seen an answer yet on those guys either.

Replace ether net cables if u haven't. But sorry have no answer after I seen u have twc

Yes I understand. There are multiple posts on this and no real answer. I believe it's something on twc end. Seen guys swap modems and everything. No real fix. One guy said it's twc not pushing a firmware which makes no sense. Once netduma is added. Even after being set up right. Speeds drop after a few speed tests. Makes no sense as netduma can handle 896Meg down. So mikrotik says. Modems used, Motorola, cm500/600, tp link tc 7620. All had same issues. Search forums sorry man I haven't seen an answer yet on those guys either.

No worries, thank you for the response. I have CM500 Modem and was thinking it is the Modem but not sure still cuz I do get the speeds I pay for connected directly. And when I connect modem nighthawk combo I also get the speeds. Maybe set up Nighthawk with QOS.

Is Arris surfboard part of the Motorola family?

Search forums. Been quite a few on here about twc and 300meg. One of Guess said after he upgraded to tp link tc 7620 he was actually getting 400 down which was awesome for him but soon as he ran 3 speed tests on netduma it slowed him to 2meg. Was crazy. He first tried in arris then cm600

Jus go to search in top of forums type in twc. Many posts on it sorry man

No worries, thank you for the response. I have CM500 Modem and was thinking it is the Modem but not sure still cuz I do get the speeds I pay for connected directly. And when I connect modem nighthawk combo I also get the speeds. Maybe set up Nighthawk with QOS.

Is Arris surfboard part of the Motorola family?

I believe the CM500 uses the Broadcom BCM33843 which has the EEE bug in it.

Can anyone help?

Keep your same setup, put another router in between the modem and the Netduma... So Modem>Other router>R1 in DMZ of the 1st router and see if the speeds are the right.

This is just a test, you'll know if it's the modem or the router that's the problem. If this fixes it, then it's a compatibility issue with the modem/isp.

Archived