GEO Filter HELP!!!!!!

Glide42

hey fellaz i just got my netduma in a few days ago and set everything up the issue im having is when i go into host filtering and set my distance or ping assist up above the Strict mode box is un ticked and it wont let me tick it at all or tick or untick any of the other filter settings ether... any help or reasoning why its doing this would be greatly appreciated   

• Netduma Staff

bc as of now i feel like i wasted 200 bucks bc i cant get the geo filter to even work and this product seems to have 0 support and no one to call to talk to fix the issues

I responded to your initial post within 7 mins of you posting it, and it's 1:30am here in the UK. You just need to download Google Chrome from here, install it and use it when accessing the Netduma dashboard.

OK, The company that make this product is UK based and it is 01.28 am here so they are probably in bed, there are people worldwide who own this router who will help you and there is a lot of information to be found in the wiki and set up guides.

To be fair the support that is provided with this product is the best I have ever experienced, how many times do you get to speak to a microsoft engineer when you are having an issue or even get a reply to any IT query within a few days other than "turn it off and on again"

I can assure you that you have not wasted 200 bucks but a little patience may be required.

If you go take a look at this thread http://forum.netduma.com/topic/11776-please-read-before-posting-a-support-thread/ and read it, then reply as requested I am sure that we will be able to get your issue sorted out soon.

Please for a start could you make sure that you are using Firefox or Chrome as your web browser. (thats the thing you type www. addresses into to go to websites)

Cheers.

Well i am using chrome iv followed all the step to the best of my knowledge and still nothing.. I have the newest update, im using chrome, the wifi works on my other devices, but when i go to un tick or tick anything in the geo filter it does nothing the only thing that works on that page that it allows me to change is the ping, distance, home location and the zoom button. everything else does nothing so applying those specs does nothing if i cant even tick strick mode iv spent plenty of time researching hrs and hrs on the web, youtube, wiki and everything i can find and still i have no reason why its doing this or what i did wrong or missed. i have my century link modem connected to a nighthawk roughter and the netduma connected to nighthawk. is there something im supposed to change or enter in on the settings tab that im not seeing 

Did you set up a service first?

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000024113-getting-started-with-host-filtering

The knowledge base has all the answers just type in a keyword.

http://support.netduma.com/support/home

Great late night support from Crossy thank you.

• Netduma Staff

Well i am using chrome iv followed all the step to the best of my knowledge and still nothing.. I have the newest update, im using chrome, the wifi works on my other devices, but when i go to un tick or tick anything in the geo filter it does nothing the only thing that works on that page that it allows me to change is the ping, distance, home location and the zoom button. everything else does nothing so applying those specs does nothing if i cant even tick strick mode iv spent plenty of time researching hrs and hrs on the web, youtube, wiki and everything i can find and still i have no reason why its doing this or what i did wrong or missed. i have my century link modem connected to a nighthawk roughter and the netduma connected to nighthawk. is there something im supposed to change or enter in on the settings tab that im not seeing 

When you say 'nothing', do you mean the box doesn't untick?

Yes I have my ps4 selected for the the device, ps network, enabled, ect but on all the boxes that allow you to tick or untick it will not let me change like for example strict mode is currently unticked and I will not let me tick it when I click on it it does nothing same with all the other options next to it. So all the ones that come ticked by default I cannot untick if I want to and all the ones that do not come ticked automatically example strick mode it will not let me tick

• Netduma Staff

Yes I have my ps4 selected for the the device, ps network, enabled, ect but on all the boxes that allow you to tick or untick it will not let me change like for example strict mode is currently unticked and I will not let me tick it when I click on it it does nothing same with all the other options next to it

If you come into the chat room within the next 10 mins I can have a look on TeamViewer. Edit - Going to take a look at Glide's router tomorrow.

Archived