Weird Issue

Good Evening Everyone

Well this is very weird issue, Its only started happening today after 2-3 weeks of having my Netduma router.

Just a little background of my Network.

I have my Super Hub 2 in Modem Mode plugged into my Netduma Router.

Then in the netduma i would normally have the rest of the ports with the following things,

Port 2 plugged in to my 24 Port HP Procurve Gigabit Switch

Port 3 Plugged in to my Nas

Port 4 Plugged in to my Nas

Port 5 Plugged in to my Server

But today the netduma has stopped assigning IP address. I have done alot of troubleshooting. If i just keep Port 1 and Port 2 the internet is on and stable but if i go and plug in what i normally have plugged in the internet goes off.

Any Ideas?

Good Morning

last night I did try some brand new Cat6 Cable on ports 3,4,5 and the internet just stops working. Once I have finished work i'm going to try each cable at a time and see which one actually knocks the internet off.

If the new Ethernet cable does not do the trick to rule out a software blip I would reboot the Netduma from misc settings.

If that fails turn off the duma for five minutes and try again before the trouble shooting begins.

If the new Ethernet cable does not do the trick to rule out a software blip I would reboot the Netduma from misc settings.

If that fails turn off the duma for five minutes and try again before the trouble shooting begins.

I rebooted the Net duma  last night from the Misc Settings but no change. I also unplugged the router and modem and left them for 10 minutes still no luck

• Netduma Staff

Good Morning

last night I did try some brand new Cat6 Cable on ports 3,4,5 and the internet just stops working. Once I have finished work i'm going to try each cable at a time and see which one actually knocks the internet off.

Morning :) Ok. Try and find out which device it is that knocks the internet offline. Then try connecting that device to one of the other ports - that way we know if it is perhaps a problem with one of the ports on the router.

Last night I plugged in my Server and my 1st Buffalo Nas Drive into ports 3 and 4. Everything was fine.

Then I plugged my 2nd Nas into Port 5 Everything was fine. Started to watching a MKV file from the 2nd NAS and internet crashed and went off.

Rebooted the modem and router and unplugged second NAS from port 5 and tried to watch a MKV file from the 1st NAS everything was fine. So I plugged in the 2ns NAS into port 5 again, watched the same MKV file and everything was fine until this morning. it crashed again so I unplugged it and reboot the router and modem and internet is back on. But I have got the 2nd NAS unplugged for now. I have plugged my server and the 1st NAS into port 5 to make sure its not the port and everything was fine.

• Administrators

Is the 2nd NAS drive of the same model as the 1st one? Did you assign IP addresses as advised above?

Unsure on your internet speeds but could you change to preemptive algorithm and turn off turbo mode and see if it disconnects please

Archived