To PPPoE or not to PPPoE

Heard a bit about the above, and you've guessed it I havenn't got a clue.  However my set up at the moment is BT HH5 Netduma and devices i.e PS4

I have the Netduma in the DMZ on the HH5, would it be of any benefit to put the BTHH5 into the Netdums PPPoE (if that's possible).

I only have the PS4 connected to the Duma, the other devices are connected to the BT wi-fi which is basically a phone, and an I-Pad, and they are generally not in use when I am gaming.

Answers in simple laymans terms, just think you are explaing to an idiot, and I will understand once I show my 6yr old grand daughter the replies :)

Thank you in advance

Ah, I'm afraid I cannot advise you then as mine comes into an open reach modem thingy then I just hook up my R1 to it and use ppp0e thingy. Sorry mate, I am sure somebody will be along soon though to advise. :)

I should think you are fine without it. You would know if you needed it as you wouldn't have a connection.

Ok thanks Fraser

Just in case you need it on my BT infinity connection the PPP0E settings are

User name;- [email protected]

Password :- BT

Cheers Bagsta

i have the bt hh6 but i have it sitting in my drawer as i have an asus dsl modem i purchased myself.  it looks to me like you want the duma to be directly connected to the internet and the hh5 to go behind the duma via pppoe, if that is the case then the answer to your question is NO as the duma is only a router unlike the hh5 which is a modem router....you are doing it right by having the duma in the hh5 DMZ. but to ge the best from the duma it is best to have ALL your devices linked to it  and disable wifi on the hh5 and use the wifi on the duma!

Archived