Possible buyer

MERC3

I've been playing online since Halo 2. I used to enjoy it, but for the past few years its been nothing but frustration. Ever since BLOPS1 and BF3 it has felt like I die in one shot while I drop whole mags on people, and other issues I feel that is all related. It just feels like people have super aim, super situational awareness and take ungodly amounts of ammunition to die. It varies between games but they all feel the same. Prior to MW2 and Halo3, games just felt better, maybe its nostalgia but I don't remember being upset all the time.

I don't even play COD anymore, BO2 was the last straw. I mostly play Overwatch but its only because my friends do and that game pisses me off to no end.

There's alot of activity on my network, my brother just got his xbox one and I've been looking at this router for a long time but I'm suspicious that its not really gonna work and that I should just stop and do something else. Most of the games I play have dedicated servers to my dismay so the geo filter won't be very useful, but the Anti flood and visible ping looks very good.

TLDR

I was just wondering if you guys think this router is worth it.

Thanks alot

Prior to MW2 and Halo3, games just felt better, maybe its nostalgia but I don't remember being upset all the time.

I agree... To tell you from someone who has had this router since almost day 1 of release I can tell you that it can help if you have loads of people hogging up the bandwidth in your house. Now that also depends on what your speeds are. For example, if you get more than 300Mbps then the congestion control feature would have to be disabled to get those speeds thus making the whole point of getting the router useless.

On the other hand, just keep in mind it cannot make these laggy, terrible hit detection games any better. The code is in the game, and a router can't change that no matter what you do.

The biggest issues I see on this forum, are people who get the router and optimize it for their connection... But it doesn't help, because their ISP line is terrible with lots of jitter, high ping spikes, etc... So I kinda call this opening a wormhole because sure, now your internal network is fully optimized but your ISP's network sucks and you have to deal with them to get their shit together.

So let's start here... which ISP do you have, and what speeds are you getting?

Optimum Online. 60ish down, 15ish up. I don't expect perfection, just being able to play and not have my head spin is my goal.

Should be perfect then to eliminate local congestion (other people streaming and using internet) in your house... 60 is just at the mark to use the per-emptive algorithm too which is better

TLDR

I was just wondering if you guys think this router is worth it.

Thanks alot

Hey man, I think the router is a blessing, every multiplayer game I play including Call of Duty is smooth 90% of the time, even when many are raging at the developers I'm in some corner (reading their rage) with a troll'ish smile :D

The Netduma WILL improve your experience BUT it does take some testing and effort from the end user. The problem with some users is they buy the router and expect to become invincible because such and such dominates the lobbies and they think it's as easy as buying the router and then they transform into The Mark of J or something lol.

Some know how regarding your internet provided service is also required, what kind of broadband you have and how to correct issues (even if you need an ISP technician to come out and repair your line).

One last thing, jitter and signal noise is your enemy more than higher latency can be. In the upcoming months the Netduma team plan to release a new firmware upgrade dubbed #RouterRevolution which hopefully will see the introduction of what is only known (right now) as Anti-Spike and Anti-Jitter technology, this will likely be the first (and only) router to actually address this and it's something that not only affects gamers but people who rely on VOIP as well!

HTH. :)

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

If you have a lot of people in your home all using the internet at once then it will definitely help eliminate that and stop everyone impacting each other.

The Geo-filter can still be very useful for getting close dedicated servers as they don't always put you on the ones that would be best for you.

If you're in a country with multiple servers for the game(s) that you want to play then the Geo Filter will allow you to play on the one(s) you want, which can be very helpful - not everyone finds that the nearest server plays the best.

If your have local congestion (bandwidth hogging kids, lag-creating flatmates, etc) then you will definitely find the Anti-Flood useful too.

If you're playing on P2P games then I would think that the Netduma would be invaluable.

The Netduma is not able to resolve problems with an ISPs line though.

Archived