BT Smart Hub Set up HELP

Hi, recently upgraded to BT infinity and got the new smart hub, i am able to used the smart hub as a modem and plug my netduma into the hub and receive an internet connection. But i am wanting to remove the smart hub out of the equation. I am attempting to go straight from the modem to the netduma, but i am unable to get an internet connection this way. Any thought or help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If you are using say a Hauwei HG612.....

BT use PPPoE authentication so you will have to input your user name and password from BT into the PPPoE section of the duma.

Settings / WAN / PPPoE / set user & pass and apply at the bottom of that page.

Do what i did, bang the home hub 6 in a drawer, go and buy the ASUS DSL 68U and you will be amazed at what it can do, plus with the duma attached it is phenomenal! :)

@ zennon no i think he wants touse the duma only which he cannot as the duma is only a router.

** i am wanting to remove the smart hub out of the equation. I am attempting to go straight from the modem to the netduma**, but i am unable to get an internet connection this way. Any thought or help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

That is not how I read it. **

Wanting to remove the smart hub and go directly from the modem.

• Administrators

Yes Zennon that is what im trying to do. Take it all the PPPoE is the same for every BT modem, so i can just google to username and password? Thanks.

Unless you have a specific one you were given yes there is one that everyone should be able to use. 

Try:

[email protected]

broadband

Archived