Congestion Control Timer

I was playing on my xbox last night just a normal night son on his pc streaming watching videos etc.

My games were not great got a bit frustrated and turned it off.

Later that night I thought oh dam i had set my congestion control to 100% that morning to download and forgot to switch it back, I checked and sure enough it was set to 100%.

Is it posssible to have a timer to go from one inputted settting to another so nights of pain like this do not happen again because of a slip of memory :)

• Administrators

We will be adding a "scheduling system" soon for parental control. I'll make sure to design it flexibly so you can control many features including CC using it. 

But that will be a month or two away. So remind me nearer the time please if I forget. 

Not sure if this is possible but instead of a timer that activates/deactivates at a specific time could congestion control be activated when the router sees gaming traffic and deactivated after a certain period of not seeing any gaming traffic?

That would be a killer feature for people who game at different times

I like the sound of this because i bet i am not the only one thick enough to leave it on 100% when others are on the network while they game.

I do this to and also forget to turn it back to full speed when I've finished gaming.

Must be the senility setting in :P

• 2 weeks later...

curiously, is it really a problem to just leave it on? i have 60/5 service so plenty of headroom anyway. i have had it on since i installed it and havent noticed any poor network congestion on any streaming etc...

I use it as both myself and my boy both game and both stream and i use usenet to download at my full speed of 63mb so things can get congested ,  we both do this at different times, while we are both on, its a safety thing for me.

I usualy set it to 100% on a morning , then set it to 70% on a night , but also the enable disable feature to be set by a timer by hour ot by presetfor a game would be great as i have turned it off for battlefield as there servers are spot on then for got to turn it back on when i play cod the odd times.

Archived