nat type issue

tellto

so basically i had an open nat type before i moved my ps4 to a different room. my setup is still modem>netduma(wifi off)>netgear(ap mode) when my ps4 was in my other room, i had a moderate nat until i did bagstas port forward method. that got me an open nat. now, i tried to do the same thing, but i still have a moderate nat type. i even tried deleting all the ports and putting them again. plz help

ok, this will sort it out......give your ps4 a static ip address, go into duma and click on upnp and untick it then apply, retick and click apply. that will flush the upnp    also maske sure your ps4 new ip is in the static ip list in the duma

ok, this will sort it out......give your ps4 a static ip address, go into duma and click on upnp and untick it then apply, retick and click apply. that will flush the upnp    also maske sure your ps4 new ip is in the static ip list in the duma

so after i untick and tick upnp and then apply, how do i make a static ip for my ps4 and how do i put it on the duma static ip list?

Oh ok. Go to Settings>DHCP lease on the R1 router.  And there enter the last three digits of your IP address you have assigned to your PS4 and check the reserved box as well.  Then click apply. That should do it.  

Let us know if you have the same issue after following the above.

yes i did what buck said and im still getting a moderate nat type. it sucks because i cant even talk to my friends in a ps4 party because of nat type limitations:/

Oh ok. Go to Settings>DHCP lease on the R1 router.  And there enter the last three digits of your IP address you have assigned to your PS4 and check the reserved box as well.  Then click apply. That should do it.  

i did that but im still getting a moderate nat type

have you tried turning off upnp in the duma and also your isp router, saving the changes then re enabling it again and saving it. it is sometimes good to clear the upnp table!

have you tried turning off upnp in the duma and also your isp router, saving the changes then re enabling it again and saving it. it is sometimes good to clear the upnp table!

yes i did that for the duma.

i didnt make a static ip for my ps4. i just went on my connection settings for my ps4 after hooking up my netduma and thats the one i have.

Let us know if you have the same issue after following the above.

i didnt make a static ip for my ps4. i just went on my connection settings for my ps4 after hooking up my netduma and thats the one i have.

• Administrators

Go to DHCP lease in settings and reserve an IP for the PS4. 

When you say moderate NAT does it say that on the game? In console network settings does it say NAT Type 2? If so that means its open and simply that you are connected behind a router.

Go to DHCP lease in settings and reserve an IP for the PS4. 

When you say moderate NAT does it say that on the game? In console network settings does it say NAT Type 2? If so that means its open and simply that you are connected behind a router.

im getting nat type 2 but in bo3 its saying moderate. and ever since bo3 showed moderate net typpe, i cant hear my friends when they join the party

Archived