Dsl reports test slow

sharpz44

So using my laptop hard wired into the Duma bring poor results on bufferbloat, 9.3 D and 9.5U,however when testing over wifi to Netgear D7800 that in AP results come back at 74D and 18U, I was trying to get a good bufferbloat setting for my ps4 , find it strange that, any ideas ,thanks

Test using a wired pc or laptop to find the best jitter free congestion control setting.

Using a consoles speed tester is in my eyes not recommended as it is never accurate.

Are you in hyper lane of the console while testing?

Test using a wired pc or laptop to find the best jitter free congestion control setting.

Using a consoles speed tester is in my eyes not recommended as it is never accurate.

Are you in hyper lane of the console while testing?

That's what I was trying to do,I plugged my laptop into the Duma and tested with cc at 100,also gave the laptop 100 bandwidth, I did this whilst no one was home so nothing getting used, did not use ps4 ,was trying to get a good bufferbloat test by working backwards from 100.i might try a different Ethernet cable

I would reset the device priority also.

Funny you say that as I did a few tests and reset it to equal but got same result,thought it was strange as I was hardwired ,I'll give it another go when no ones about and use different laptop and cable as its all cat 6 from bt box but think the one I used was cat 5

Are you using reactive ? wiggle the congestion control sliders.

If that does not work reboot from misc settings.

Yes using reactive ,was rebooted today by turning everything off as internet speeds bad this morning but did the tests when it was ok again it was a national bt prob,tested ps4 and got 68D and 13U , I was mainly just trying to see if I could get A+ across the board by wiggling with the sliders,I'll have another go tomorrow, cheers.

i take it you are on bt infinty 2 80/20?    If so i set my sliders to 55 each and i get an A+ bufferbloat. You will find it very very hard to get an A+ in bufferbloat, speed and quality. Also you arent using the bt hh5 or hh6 are you? I got rid of both of mine and i got an openreach modem from amazon and run my duma through that via pppoe.

4547119.png

Archived