Plex Media Server

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Well they were very unhelpful and useless, no idea what port forwarding and dmz was and said they don't do it. gave me the premium number and it just rings out

What?! That's ludicrous. Post in the 1 on 1 section and I'll take a look at the Virgin settings

What?! That's ludicrous. Post in the 1 on 1 section and I'll take a look at the Virgin settings

I live in Ireland and we have a call center and we actually work for EE the network in the UK. There techinal side if anybody is with them, is basically like virgin media tech support, THERE SHOCKING.. they tried sending me out a old router which apparently has the settings but doesn't support the speeds I get, so that's out of the question. there premium number is 1.20euro per minute which is a lot considering they don't have a clue and I'll be on the phone for ages. but it's look likes it's the only way.. how do I post a 1 on 1 sorry ? I also requested to speak a manager in tech. since I work in a call centre, I no how it works and if there trying to fob you off, The manager didn't even no what port forwarding was

When you put it in modem mode reboot the R1 and you should have internet. If not connect directly to the hub with a PC and see if you have internet

Okay so put virgin media hub on modem mode and rebooting R1 and nothing, still says have no internet, have tried everything

• Netduma Staff

If you can't get internet access by directly connecting the modem to a computer with an ethernet cable, and you've tried other cables, then the issue is 100% with Virgin; and I find it ridiculous that their tech support is inept with regards to... Tech support. *Sigh*

If you can't get internet access by directly connecting the modem to a computer with an ethernet cable, and you've tried other cables, then the issue is 100% with Virgin; and I find it ridiculous that their tech support is inept with regards to... Tech support. *Sigh*

okay basically wrote to virgin media on chat, and were much more helpful that ringing them. the reason port forwarding isnt there is becuase the modem is ipv6 and port forwarding works better on ipv4, so they revert it to ipv4

Okay I now have port forwarding and DMZ mode on the virgin media router, if i connect my computer to the virgin hub Plex works outside the house but when connected to the netduma it doesn't. so basically what do i need to do now ?

• Netduma Staff

Okay I now have port forwarding and DMZ mode on the virgin media router, if i connect my computer to the virgin hub Plex works outside the house but when connected to the netduma it doesn't. so basically what do i need to do now ?

Now you need to put the Netduma in the Virgin media router's DMZ. Then disable all port forwarding on then virgin media router (if you've added any). Probably best to give them both a reboot too once you've done that. Then, either the Plex server will open the ports automatically on the Netduma using UPnP or you'll have to add them your self. Whatever you did to get it work on the Virgin media router, you should be able to do the same on the Netduma to get it to work :)

Now you need to put the Netduma in the Virgin media router's DMZ. Then disable all port forwarding on then virgin media router (if you've added any). Probably best to give them both a reboot too once you've done that. Then, either the Plex server will open the ports automatically on the Netduma using UPnP or you'll have to add them your self. Whatever you did to get it work on the Virgin media router, you should be able to do the same on the Netduma to get it to work :)

Okay quick question, how do I put the netduma into the virgin router's DMZ ? when i click into the DMZ in the virgin media its asking for a IP address ?

Archived