Plex Media Server

Can you take a screen shot of the options under firewall and IP and port filtering?

FIREWALL https://gyazo.com/697e24787904bb81f0944474c1009e8a

MAC FILTERING https://gyazo.com/15cc32a8e205d5b4aaf5a9b4dd6d3edf

IP AND PORT FILTERING https://gyazo.com/6d31302fddf057774a7b56571d41c4fc

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Netduma Staff

Shouldn't really make a difference. I think your problem with the Plex server is that the ports aren't getting forwarded through the super hub. Could you try modem mode again and hopefully we can get that working.

post-7883-0-29971800-1464131374_thumb.png

I just put my hub into 'router mode' to have a look...

DMZ, clear as day.

Port Forwarding is there too.

There was a firmware update to the superhub3 that finished rolling out last Sunday.

I'm wondering if yours didn't work quite right.

Check in 'admin > info'

I'm on...

Hardware version 10

Software version 9.1.88T

attachicon.gifdmz.png

I just put my hub into 'router mode' to have a look...

DMZ, clear as day.

Port Forwarding is there too.

There was a firmware update to the superhub3 that finished rolling out last Sunday.

I'm wondering if yours didn't work quite right.

Check in 'admin > info'

I'm on...

Hardware version 10

Software version 9.1.88T

I'm on hardware version 4.01 .. Ill try updating it, how do i update it ??

I'm on hardware version 4.01 .. Ill try updating it, how do i update it ??

The software update was automatic, trying turning your router off completely for a bit and then back on again to see if it installs it.

If that doesn't work then you'll have to contact Virgin.

You can't do much about the hardware version.

• Netduma Staff

Still cant update and rang virgin and they said i have latest version

Try modem mode. If that doesn't work see if Virgin Media can send you another modem or ask them why you don't have DMZ or port forwarding available.

Still cant update and rang virgin and they said i have latest version

That's weird because it was Virgin's 'helpdesk' that told me about the firmware roll-out and yours looks nothing like mine, what with the missing DMZ / Port-Forwarding etc.

Mine is brand new, literally came through the post a couple of weeks ago and I set it up myself.

Is yours the new white Superhub?

Can you post a screen grab of your 'admin > info' page please?

When you phoned Virgin about the firmware update, what did they say when you asked about the missing DMZ / Port-Forwarding option that you want to activate?

That's weird because it was Virgin's 'helpdesk' that told me about the firmware roll-out and yours looks nothing like mine, what with the missing DMZ / Port-Forwarding etc.

Mine is brand new, literally came through the post a couple of weeks ago and I set it up myself.

Is yours the new white Superhub?

Can you post a screen grab of your 'admin > info' page please?

When you phoned Virgin about the firmware update, what did they say when you asked about the missing DMZ / Port-Forwarding option that you want to activate?

I rang virgin and asked about firmware update and they bascially hadn't a clue, they set it was updated to the latest firmware but gave me a number to a premium number that to ring

if someone backs up there router settings could they send it to me would that work ?

I rang virgin and asked about firmware update and they bascially hadn't a clue, they set it was updated to the latest firmware but gave me a number to a premium number that to ring

if someone backs up there router settings could they send it to me would that work ?

If you have a Virgin phone (call 150) and have them put you through to Tech Support then you shouldn't be charged - that's how it worked last time I spoke to the them at least but that was quite a while back.

I don't think you can export/import Virgin settings onto a file, I would try to do it for you but I don't have any of this set up anyway because I use modem mode - so it'd just be an empty file and if you don't have some of those options (DMZ) then it could make your superhub go badly wrong.

You absolutely should have the DMZ /  Port Forwarding options available to you and we know they don't appear in your settings where they do for me.

I've been with Virgin for many years, at least as far back as MW2 and regardless of the superhub version, I've always had (and used) the DMZ / Port Forwarding features.

If I was you, I'd just bite the bullet and phone them to get the answer of where those features are on your superhub.

Don't accept an answer telling you that you don't have them, I'm sure this isn't true for any of the superhubs.

Also, don't mention that you're trying to put the Netduma in DMZ, it just gives them something extra to be confused about. Just tell them that you want to put try the Xbox with the DMZ/Port-forwarding but can't find the option - tell them you know it's supposed to be there (from my image) but it's not.

Let us know...

I would still go for modem mode over DMZ anyway...

If you want to use modem mode but you're finding that the internet is still not working then do the following:

Disconnect the Netduma and connect your laptop to the superhub via ethernet.

Switch the superhub to modem mode (if you can't because your laptop is not connecting to the superhub then connect the laptop and reboot the superhub via the power switch on the back, then switch to modem mode).

Give it a few minutes to boot up and settle in modem mode.

Disconnect your laptop.

Turn off the superhub for 5 minutes.

Connect the superhub to the Netduma (using port 1 on the Netduma and port 1 - the *top port - on the superhub).

Turn on the superhub and wait a few mins for it to boot up completely.

Turn on the Netduma and wait a few mins for it to boot up.

If you've got wifi enabled on your Netduma then you should be able to connect and you're sorted.

If you've got wifi disabled on your Netduma or you can't connect then you will need to connect via ethernet (you may need to reboot the Netduma again now to connect) and then turn on the wifi.

Now you should be in modem mode and you should have internet.

*You didn't actually answer as to whether you have the same superhub as me by the way, I have the new big white thing, if you have an older black superhub then the 'top port' should be the 'left port' (they weren't numbered on some of the older superhubs).

• 1 month later...

I would still go for modem mode over DMZ anyway...

If you want to use modem mode but you're finding that the internet is still not working then do the following:

Disconnect the Netduma and connect your laptop to the superhub via ethernet.

Switch the superhub to modem mode (if you can't because your laptop is not connecting to the superhub then connect the laptop and reboot the superhub via the power switch on the back, then switch to modem mode).

Give it a few minutes to boot up and settle in modem mode.

Disconnect your laptop.

Turn off the superhub for 5 minutes.

Connect the superhub to the Netduma (using port 1 on the Netduma and port 1 - the *top port - on the superhub).

Turn on the superhub and wait a few mins for it to boot up completely.

Turn on the Netduma and wait a few mins for it to boot up.

If you've got wifi enabled on your Netduma then you should be able to connect and you're sorted.

If you've got wifi disabled on your Netduma or you can't connect then you will need to connect via ethernet (you may need to reboot the Netduma again now to connect) and then turn on the wifi.

Now you should be in modem mode and you should have internet.

*You didn't actually answer as to whether you have the same superhub as me by the way, I have the new big white thing, if you have an older black superhub then the 'top port' should be the 'left port' (they weren't numbered on some of the older superhubs).

ok just tried all of this and still nothing, Says no internet connected, And when i log onto the virgin homepage it says no Ethernet devices connected ?

yes i have the new big white one as well 

Sorry whats your Router and firmware version ?

for the netduma or virgin ?

For the Hub, i was just checking and the latest firmware for the VMH 3.0 is 9.1.88T. I think thats what you said your on so maybe try to turn off the hub for 60 secs then see if it re-installs the FW as it may have got corrupted, my Sky Hub had a similar issue and i re flashed it but i cant find  a download for that FW. 

For the Hub, i was just checking and the latest firmware for the VMH 3.0 is 9.1.88T. I think thats what you said your on so maybe try to turn off the hub for 60 secs then see if it re-installs the FW as it may have got corrupted, my Sky Hub had a similar issue and i re flashed it but i cant find  a download for that FW. 

the hardware verison fro the VM is 4.01. I've tried that as well, its weird that modem mode works for everyone else

the hardware verison fro the VM is 4.01. I've tried that as well, its weird that modem mode works for everyone else

Im on Sky so not up on VM but why not sign up and post your problem HERE im sure you will get help.

Archived