Half Fast Fios Help Needed!

I have Fios 100/100 but during the weekend and evening hours it drops down to around 5-15mbps. There are serious network congestion issues. This has been happening since January. The quality is also horrendous. Gaming online is hilarious at times and down right frustrating other times depending on my mood. I am wondering if there is any thing I can do in order to try and compensate. What is the bare minimum upload/downloaded needed for say, Black Ops 3? Would lowering my anti-flood down significantly possibly help compensate?

I have been fighting Verizon on this for 5 months now and I don't see them upgrading their equipment any time soon. I hate to say it, but I am considering switching back to Comcast. Both are evil and I hate them, but it's choosing the lesser of two evils. 

I am just wondering if there is something I may do with the Duma to potentially lessen the lousy internet effect.

Thanks for your help!

post-8542-0-73494900-1463964441_thumb.png

Do you have your congestion control sliders at 100% when you're doing your speedtest?  If you don't have them set to 100% they will throttle your bandwidth and make it seem like you're not getting your full speeds. Do you have "Share Excess" ticked and your Device Prioritization set to distribute equally?   Unfortunately the R1 can't do anything about congestion from your ISP.  A lot of people have been running Ping Plotter to see what kind of jitter the are getting during their prime game hours.  You can game just fine on 8 mbps, but if you have a lot of jitter your games will suck a bag of D

• Administrators

If you have confirmed it is definitely ISP congestion after following the above I would ensure all devices are connected to the duma & keep anti-flood at 70/70 all the time with console in hyper traffic. You will have plenty for gaming, games don't use much at all. 

Do you have your congestion control sliders at 100% when you're doing your speedtest?  If you don't have them set to 100% they will throttle your bandwidth and make it seem like you're not getting your full speeds. Do you have "Share Excess" ticked and your Device Prioritization set to distribute equally?   Unfortunately the R1 can't do anything about congestion from your ISP.  A lot of people have been running Ping Plotter to see what kind of jitter the are getting during their prime game hours.  You can game just fine on 8 mbps, but if you have a lot of jitter your games will suck a bag of D

Yes to all your questions. 

I need to run ping plotter during peek hours. My FIOS goes to crap so I am sure that is my main problem. Jitter is most likely all over the place. 

If you have confirmed it is definitely ISP congestion after following the above I would ensure all devices are connected to the duma & keep anti-flood at 70/70 all the time with console in hyper traffic. You will have plenty for gaming, games don't use much at all. 

Would reactive vs. proactive make any difference? 

Would lowering the congestion even lower than 70% potentially help?

I guess I need to do some experimentation. 

The Duma generally works really well when my internet is working. Of course, those are the hours when I am working (not at home). Not when I am at home able to relax and game...

I hate Verizon.

Would reactive vs. proactive make any difference? 

Would lowering the congestion even lower than 70% potentially help?

If the issue is with the isp then I don't think it will make any difference but if you are suffering local congestion (like the kids chewing the bandwidth up on netflix) then that's where it really shines

Archived