No internet connection/strict NAT on Xbox One

I setup up my new router last night and from a wifi perspective, everything worked great.

Tried setting in up on my Xbox one, which is the main thing I bought it for, and I could not get online and showed a strict NAT.

Any help is appreciated.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When creating a support thread you should follow the info in the pinned post:

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/11776-please-read-before-posting-a-support-thread/

It could be a lot of things and if you don't tell us where your settings are at and what you've tried, then we don't know where to start.

Off the top of my head, enable the UPnP checkbox in 'settings > UPnP'

Thanks, boom.

I created this thread per a netduma rep who followed up to my email.

I apologize for not checking into it more and will try this option when I get home in a bit.

No need to apologise mate, you'll just get more answers quicker (and a resolution) if you have a bit more info is all.

Hopefully UPnP is all it is...

We need to know your setup...

Do you have an isp modem or modem/router combo?

Is this combo in modem mode or 'bridge' mode or have you put the Netduma in it's DMZ?

Can you see you Xbox in 'devices' on the Netduma?

Can you access the internet through the Netduma at all?

Have you been through the Wiki setup guides?

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=installation_landing_page

Methinks this could be the PPPoE (which I can't access in the guide for some reason).

Also, here's the quickstart guide...

http://www.netduma.com/netduma-quickstart.pdf

Who is your ISP and what model is your modem?

I'm just going to return the router.

I don't feel this is my error and shouldn't have to spend all this time on setting up.

Nonsense.

Thank you for your time and help.

No, you're absolutely right, you shouldn't have to put in any effort at all, should I just fly over to set it up for you?

Good effort though, at least you got it out of the box.

*Quick disclaimer:

I'm not staff, I don't work for Netduma, I don't speak for Netduma, I speak for me alone here, I'm just a customer like you (evidently not at all like you though).

My post stated no internet connection/strict NAT on Xbox one-never did I state I had 0 internet.

I mentioned multiple times that I had wireless connection.

If you think I had an attitude when I said thank you for your time and help, well I guess I need to brush up thanking someone.

But thank you for being rude back to my thank you.

All the best.

That's my mistake, I misread and thought you had no internet.

The wireless connection just means that the Netduma is transmitting a wireless signal, it doesn't mean that it is set up to play Xbox already.

People on here are very helpful, the staff and the 'normal' people too, I've been sitting here not playing on my Xbox because I was going to help you but now I'm thinking...

"I don't feel this is my error and shouldn't have to spend all this time on setting up."

You can't have this attitude if you want help, you shouldn't really have this attitude with anything.

But you're not my child so I'll leave it at that.

Someone else will come along later and help you I'm sure.

You should go through the wiki and, once you've made sure that you've at least tried to follow it and set it up, then you should post your settings so we can problem shoot.

It looks at the moment that you don't actually want to try to set it up properly though so there's nothing that I can do to help you.

• Administrators

Check the device manager, is there a nameless or unnamed device? Check the IP with the IP on network settings of the Xbox. Make the Xbox connect using automatic network settings. Make sure there is nothing enabled on the Geo-filtering page.

Archived