more ping plotter weirdness??

Ok so i ran ping plotter, my r1 and my billion 8800 router are the cause of the packet loss??? any thoughts???

the 50% packet loss between the r1 and billion is really sketchy, the r1 is in dmz and the setup is solid as per netduma instructions but that is worrying

post-6003-0-80223500-1462819281_thumb.jpg

That is either a bad Ethernet cable between your ISP router and the duma or as we found out in bagsta's case a faulty filter in his VDSL face plate.

i do use power plug ethernet adapters but the cable is all cat 6 cabling, the cable between the r1 an the billion is the stock cable the netduma provided me in the packaging but i will look at the cable an see if it helps. 

ok so new cat 6 cable installed connecting directly between my R1 and billion 8800 still showing constant packet loss??

any more ideas as we've ruled out the cable??

post-6003-0-00625900-1462986818_thumb.jpg

will do, that will be after work today so i'll post it up this evening.  its very odd, i'm getting website crashes when browsing and packet loss is evident in bf4 as the icons for it keep flashing up, i suspect i've had the issue since setup as its always been playing up.

netduma is in the billions DMZ and the setup is as per the guide, could it be a MTU issue, currently the R1 is on auto and my billion is on 1500 which is standard for most setups i believe?   

OK so after testing via a direct link to the R1 with wifi then cable i had no packet loss so the cause is the power line adapters as they are the only thing not in the loop when i get no packet loss. just plugged them back in and went via them again and bam packet loss came back 

So powerline in my house = junked connection!  bad times, back to wireless, case closed. 

OK so after testing via a direct link to the R1 with wifi then cable i had no packet loss so the cause is the power line adapters as they are the only thing not in the loop when i get no packet loss. just plugged them back in and went via them again and bam packet loss came back 

So powerline in my house = junked connection!  bad times, back to wireless, case closed. 

sometimes you get poor performance with powerline adapters if you're using surge suppressors or if it's a long circuit.  (physically a long wire between the outlet you're plugged in to and the breaker box)

Archived