Geo Filter Not Working BO3

I'm having problems with my netduma router. I currently live in Trinidad and Tobago and I've set my filter distance to 2500km, ping assist to 40ms and I'm still connecting to a dedicated server that's 3500km away in Miami Florida with ping varying between 70 - 90ms. I'm seeing hosts in venezuela and puerto rico that are 1500km away from me and I'm still connecting to that host in Miami. Whenever I block the dedicated server in Miami I cannot find any matches whatsoever. The host circle in Puerto Rico becomes the largest circle on the geo filter but yet I'm not connecting to that server. What's going on?

Yes sir. Whenever it is the dedicated server in Miami is banned but then I can't find any games even when I see other hosts in my area. The funny thing is even the other host which circles are big on the filter I can't connect to. But as soon as I remove the ban from the Miami server, voila, I can connect to games. #SMH

You all see this ?!?!

I believe that's because there are no servers in the area you are searching in... I see it alot, south american players in my east coast lobby with pings over 300ms.

From what I've seen, you can either search for a game with that server blocked and just wait until a P2P lobby is found in the area (which is unlikely) or expand your geo filter to include all of south america which should pick up some servers in brazil. Probably not the best solution, but you'll ping better to a Brazil server than a US one more than likely.

I believe that's because there are no servers in the area you are searching in... I see it alot, south american players in my east coast lobby with pings over 300ms.

From what I've seen, you can either search for a game with that server blocked and just wait until a P2P lobby is found in the area (which is unlikely) or expand your geo filter to include all of south america which should pick up some servers in brazil. Probably not the best solution, but you'll ping better to a Brazil server than a US one more than likely.

That's very unfortunate. When I first got the router everything was working beautifully. I would connect in lobbies that had 30ms - 40ms ping and I had no problems finding any lobbies. I don't know what's going on all of a sudden. My location cannot be the problem, I can guarantee that.

That's very unfortunate. When I first got the router everything was working beautifully. I would connect in lobbies that had 30ms - 40ms ping and I had no problems finding any lobbies. I don't know what's going on all of a sudden. My location cannot be the problem, I can guarantee that.

Try going into misc settings, uncheck enable auto cloud and bleeding edge cloud. Then change the 3 drop downs to 1 and click apply

Try going into misc settings, uncheck enable auto cloud and bleeding edge cloud. Then change the 3 drop downs to 1 and click apply

Tried it but no luck. Why the hell is this dedicated server taking over the way I connect to lobbies. It's so irritating that all of a sudden this router just so happened to malfunction.

Tried it but no luck. Why the hell is this dedicated server taking over the way I connect to lobbies. It's so irritating that all of a sudden this router just so happened to malfunction.

Pretty sure it has nothing to do with the router... The game needs to communicate with the server to find a game. If you block all the servers (which you are doing in your location set) then it won't find a game. So it will put you in a P2P game, or give you host of a P2P lobby which can take hours to find other P2P players and connect them to you, or you to their game.

Archived