You can not judge the first two as they are ADSL and looking at the plots its using BT's ADSL backbone, TalkTalks LLU backbone is great if used.

The last one is fibre it has a slight wobble on but nothing wild.

What's the wobble?

I heard nothing but good stuff about that router billion 7800n :)

i've never heard of it, do i need it? i was just going to go modem > Netduma > Asus Dark Knight...

i've never heard of it, do i need it? i was just going to go modem > Netduma > Asus Dark Knight...

Not really it's either the open reach modem or the billion 7800n modem you don't have to have it it's personal choice.

The billion is a router you do not need it.

The wobble is the ping graph it has a little wobble going on with the BT fibre pic, nothing serious though just mine is a flat line.

OK OK stop showing off

I was reading back though the post thinking whats showing off about it, then it dawned on me my jitter free ping :)

I can honestly see me paying daft money for a jitter free line but I swear it's gonna be worth it,first off ill try this new talk talk fibre from next month onwards I'm hoping it's a shit ton better than my current sky setup

I can honestly see me laying daft money for a jitter free line but I swear it's gonna be worth it,first off ill try this new talk talk fibre from next month onwards I'm hoping it's a shit ton better than my current sky setup

I don't think Zennon has any special equipment that's overly expensive in his setup that causes a jitter free line, I think he's just got shit hot internet luck and knows how to optimise it as far as it can be optimised.

Am I right Zen?

I was reading back though the post thinking whats showing off about it, then it dawned on me my jitter free ping :)

Do you know if the TalkTalk hub goes into modem mode? And if it support g.inp?

It supports G.inp, it has a bridge mode.

Just spoke to TalkTalk, they said they'd waive the activation charge (£50) and give me free anytime call to landlines + mobiles (pleasing for the others that actually use the landline), and they agreed to make the 12 month offer last the entire 18months too.

They also confirmed that if it doesn't at least match my neighbour's Infinity connection then they're happy to let me cancel without penalty (think they have to anyway - cooling off an whatnot). But they are confident that it will be at least as good as the neighbour's but likely better.

Well pleased with that, TalkTalk it is.

The bloke I ordered off said I'll go live on the 24th (I think) and cancel without penalty up to the 28th. I'll complain until they pay me to leave if they told me lies (but only if it's a sucky connection - it should be fine)

It will be fine but they do lie to get a sale .

Quote : If you have just joined TalkTalk, you can cancel within the first 10 working days of your contract without charge. This is called a ‘cooling-off’ period and it begins after you sign up. If you cancel within this period you will be asked to return any equipment you are sent and you will be refunded any charges you have paid.

Thats 10 days from now not after the BB goes live.

It will be fine but they do lie to get a sale .

Quote : If you have just joined TalkTalk, you can cancel within the first 10 working days of your contract without charge. This is called a ‘cooling-off’ period and it begins after you sign up. If you cancel within this period you will be asked to return any equipment you are sent and you will be refunded any charges you have paid.

Thats 10 days from now not after the BB goes live.

I started to realise there were a few contradictions in their spiel because I had two of them calling the house trying to make the sale every few hours and each one improved on the other's offer each time... it was pretty funny but worked out well for me.

I think they'll be fine anyway, I don't care if their helpline is useless (which is the number one complaint about TalkTalk) - I'm used to it.

Virgin just hang up on you if you say anything too technical. I've had more assistance in this forum in a month than I have in 10+ years from Virgin Media (or NTL).

If it's at all possible to get a good connection where I live then I'm confident that I will have the best chance of achieving it with the DumaArmy and people like yourself mate. Cheers for your patience with the relentless questions by the way ;)

Archived