Download/Upload Speed Question

Before I buy this router, I have a question I would like answered first. Does me having this router setup and working/operating in my home improve my download and upload speeds? Thank you. Multiple responses from multiple people would be great. Thanks again:)

No, only your isp can affect that, cable, fibre, dial up etc. And that is usually dependent on where you live and the infastructure that is available to you.

It does however enable you to have a lot more control over your home network to help maximise your gaming experience. A quick look at the Netduma website will explain a lot more of its capabilities.

No, it controls congestion/jitter/devices. It won't improve your line speeds, UNLESS you're using a poor quality router which is holding your line 

What Blakeyb1 said is correct. :)

No, only your isp can affect that, cable, fibre, dial up etc. And that is usually dependent on where you live and the infastructure that is available to you.

It does however enable you to have a lot more control over your home network to help maximise your gaming experience. A quick look at the Netduma website will explain a lot more of its capabilities.

Alright. Thank you guys. I have a, what I think is a good internet connection for online gaming, but my download speeds are bad and I should be reliably getting over 50mbps and I am not getting that. Anyone know if a specific router is known to be bad? I have Xfinity and I just use the One they gave me. It's a Technicolor model and its model is the TC8305C. Is that a bad router? I have been told that Comcast does normally give out bad WiFi routers, but that may or may not be true. Thanks:)

As others stated it will not improve your overall download and upload speeds.  By using the device prioritization, you can limit the bandwidth on devices and provide more bandwidth to specific devices.

Alright. Thank you guys. I have a, what I think is a good internet connection for online gaming, but my download speeds are bad and I should be reliably getting over 50mbps and I am not getting that. Anyone know if a specific router is known to be bad? I have Xfinity and I just use the One they gave me. It's a Technicolor model and its model is the TC8305C. Is that a bad router? I have been told that Comcast does normally give out bad WiFi routers, but that may or may not be true. Thanks:)

i use xfinity service as well. i have a similar model modem/router combo they use for phone/internet services. somethings you need to consider if you're not getting speed other than your modem/router would be your home location, connection and wiring in your residence. some older homes and busy apartment will not get top speed due to how much copper wiring can handle.

i'm supposed to be getting 100mbps but i wasn't getting anywhere close to that. so, after trying different combinations with four modems and six routers, i decided to run a new cable line in to my office. after getting Comcast guy to help me install the new line, every modem/router combo got the speed i was supposed to be getting.

• Administrators

Hey welcome to the forum! Your question has been answered, hope you manage to sort out the issue you're having with your current modem/router. Would advise contacting your ISP & detailing the problem :)

Archived