version 1.03.3

Guest Netduma_Iain

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Netduma Fraser

Yeah its probably best to wait as we wouldn't be able to provide the level of support we usually do due to being at the event this week.

It just means that if a port is closed and it is pinged, it won't reply that it is closed, instead it just doesn't reply at all :) I think somepeople think it can increase security - i'm not sure if it actually does or not.

Iain said this in Coal Mine when someone else asked the same question:

Re: stealth mode:  It actually doesn't increase security but all other routers use stealth mode these days and generally non-techies believe it does. 

I didn't know stealth mode was in already, I only mentioned it to Iain recently.  That boy works fast ;)

• Netduma Staff

Re: stealth mode:  It actually doesn't increase security but all other routers use stealth mode these days and generally non-techies believe it does. 

I didn't know stealth mode was in already, I only mentioned it to Iain recently.  That boy works fast ;)

Hehe, lol. Yeah, I agree it doesn't really increase security. But what people want people get I suppose :)

Just wanted to give some insight on this firmware 1.03.3, since that's what came on the R1 when I got it this week. 

I had some problems with getting the geo-filter working correctly on Xbox 360, No problems with Xbox 1 or PS4.

The problem on the 360 seemed to come from when i had all three services enabled at the same time. 

As soon as i disabled the services on the Xbox 1 and PS4, the 360 and geo-filter became happy.

Is there an issue with leaving all the geo-filter services Enabled at the same time?

It would be nice if i didn't have to touch the R1 at all. Not minding the need to log in at the moment though, just lazy.

I'm also having an issue that others were having, the R1 takes a long time to respond or sometimes doesn't respond at all.

I've done everything including Rebooting the R1, rebooting my Macbook, refreshing the webpage, using Chrome instead of Safari, 

all with no luck.

Eventually though after several reboots and refreshes the R1 seems to running okay still not very fast. 

Is it normal for the R1 webpages like Host Filtering and Device Manager to load in about a minute?

I know you guys are at the Gadget show this week so respond whenever.

Chris

One more thing I've noticed is that I can't change the Host Descriptor name. 

If I add a name and click Update, nothing happens.

The next time I'm on that server, the Host Descriptor name is blank.

• Netduma Staff

have restarted like 3 times still the same

I know this problem is a bit old but just has a thought as to why you probably couldn't ping. Was your VPN enabled? You can't ping if the VPN is enabled - I forgot about this when I was helping you in chat. I'll send you a message as well because I don't know if you check the forums, lol.

Hi there 

I was just wondering if anyone knew what was going on with this update. As i haven't upgraded to it yet ?

We are at the gadget show this week so support will be minimal. The reason I'm releasing it a week early is some people need the wifi workaround. Please stay on 1.03.2 for a week unless you need this.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi cjmyers1232,

Can you start a new thread please and I'll assist you in the morning.

To answer your question though pages should not take 1 min to load that is almost always a problem with adblocker, anti-virus or another program.

Also you should be able to have multiple geo-filter services enabled. Can you show me a screenshot of your setup in another thread and I'll help diagnose.

Thanks for your patience.

• Netduma Staff

What is the "toggle wifi workaround" feature?

There was a feature that helped users have a good Wifi signal even in busy Wifi areas where there were lots of signals. The issue was that this was causing people to have Wifi drop outs unexpectedly so this option means that you can turn of the added feature if you were finding that you were getting unexpected drop outs :)

Guest Netduma Fraser

What is the "toggle wifi workaround" feature?

There were some people that experienced Wifi issues so we put in the workaround to help them. If you've started to experience wifi issues go to settings > misc and turn it off. Some people experience issues with it on, so the option is there either way :)

There was a feature that helped users have a good Wifi signal even in busy Wifi areas where there were lots of signals. The issue was that this was causing people to have Wifi drop outs unexpectedly so this option means that you can turn of the added feature if you were finding that you were getting unexpected drop outs :)

I'm having to notice wifi dropouts, should I untick or tick the wifi workaround box?

• Netduma Staff

I'm having to notice wifi dropouts, should I untick or tick the wifi workaround box?

Do you mean you haven't experienced them yet? I would say that you only need the box ticked if you are located somewhere where the Wifi channels are very busy. If there are lots of Wifi signals around you then enable it and you should hopefully see an improvement. If everything was great before then you know what they say - don't fix it if it aint broken!

Does that answer your question? :)

Do you mean you haven't experienced them yet? I would say that you only need the box ticked if you are located somewhere where the Wifi channels are very busy. If there are lots of Wifi signals around you then enable it and you should hopefully see an improvement. If everything was great before then you know what they say - don't fix it if it aint broken!

Does that answer your question? :)

Am experiencing them now!  Will enable wifi workaround.  Thanks

Archived