Sb6141 randomly can't access GUI...

iAmMoDBoX

I've had a SB6141 modem since January, and literally have been running the same setup since then. Out of no where the other day I went to reboot my modem through the modem's GUI page and it won't let me connect. Arris is telling me it's comcast blocking me from that page (which makes no sense cause I've had comcast for 16 years without being blocked) and Comcast is telling me it's the modem.

Any ideas? I'm talking about going to my modem's page via 192.168.100.1 which has always worked for me without a problem. I can ping that ip and it replies, so I don't think the netduma is blocking me access to it. After I reboot the modem I can access it for a few hours and then it stops letting me go to the page.

Have you swap modems yet? do you have a spare you can start by putting another modem and see if it get access to the set up page.

I've had a couple issues where I couldn't access the modem page through the R1. 

I have to unplug the modem for a minute then reboot the R1 and my pc a couple times. 

This usually happens if the modem has been restarted, from multiple power outages, in the same week. 

As long as there aren't multiple power failures, I don't get this problem. 

Archived