Internet Speedtest not showing what my service provides

I have VZ fios 75/75.  When I go to speedtest.net i was consistently getting about 40/40.  I then unchecked enable deep packets and now it's 50/50.  I've already followed the steps on the "why is my internet slow" page.  I have congestion control at 100%, geo-filtering off (I know this probably doesn't matter), share excess is checked.

I then tried turbo and got it to 70/60 but I shouldn't have to have this setting on according to everything I read, not to mention I'm not getting 75/75 which I did get when I had the VZ router first in the loop.

Please help!

I have VZ fios 75/75.  When I go to speedtest.net i was consistently getting about 40/40.  I then unchecked enable deep packets and now it's 50/50.  I've already followed the steps on the "why is my internet slow" page.  I have congestion control at 100%, geo-filtering off (I know this probably doesn't matter), share excess is checked.

I then tried turbo and got it to 70/60 but I shouldn't have to have this setting on according to everything I read, not to mention I'm not getting 75/75 which I did get when I had the VZ router first in the loop.

Please help!

Are you using the reactive algorithm? If not please use it.

What he said ^^^^^^^

Archived