Newly bought Duma help!

Hello I've recently received my netduma today and I need help setting up

My download: 30

Upload: 6

My house runs on 2 routers through 1 modem. My primary router is the Asus where all my device are connected to and my Netduma is only connected to my PlayStation 4. On my Netduma I set my anti-flood to 70% for both and also port forwarded for my black ops 3.

Here's the issues:

1. My black ops 3 nat type is always moderate.

2. When I'm home alone my gameplay would be amazing but the moment someone uses a device to watch a show connected to Asus (not netduma) I would start lagging. I've tried everything (like resetting modem to changing my anti-flood) nothing works!

If possible make your netduma your primary router because setting the anti-flood to 70% while it's the second router does nothing except make your ps4 connection slower.

That will solve your nat issue also.

If you want the Asus for better wifi then put it into AP mode and connect it to the netduma.

modem>netduma>asus

My router is in another room directly connected to Asus. My Netduma is connected through the wall. If I want to connect LAN from my PS 4 to netduma then it won't be possible.

I've solved the moderate issue as my black ops 3 is OPEN.

If I can't make my Netduma as my primary,'what are my options? What do I set my anti-flood to?

Why can't you just swap the routers over if it's connected through the wall?

It's not going to matter what you set the anti-flood to really because, if everything else is connected to the Asus, then everything else is 'outside' of (and thus unaffected by) the anti-flood.

Will it matter then if I use a Netduma as primary and I hardware connect PS4 to Asus? I thought I have to directly connect my PS4 to netduma?

I ask this because Asus and the Modem is in another room together (in the middle of the house) and the netduma is in the gameroom near my PS4.

Sorry I'm not very tech Savvy

If possible make your netduma your primary router because setting the anti-flood to 70% while it's the second router does nothing except make your ps4 connection slower.

If you want the Asus for better wifi then put it into AP mode and connect it to the netduma.

modem>netduma>asus

I'm trying to understand how to setup the Access Point.

1. I need to connect Modem directly to R1 (it will be in the middle of my house). 

2. I will also need to connect  R1 to Asus through LAN Port (Asus will be in the gaming room so the LAN port has to been connected through the wall). 

3. Need to turn off the wifi for R1.

4. Setup Asus as the access point.

Question: Since Asus will be in the gaming room, do I just connect the ethernet port to Asus and I'm still able to use all the features for R1 Netduma? 

modem>netduma>asus

I'm trying to understand how to setup the Access Point.

1. I need to connect Modem directly to R1 (it will be in the middle of my house). 

2. I will also need to connect  R1 to Asus through LAN Port (Asus will be in the gaming room so the LAN port has to been connected through the wall). 

3. Need to turn off the wifi for R1.

4. Setup Asus as the access point.

Question: Since Asus will be in the gaming room, do I just connect the ethernet port to Asus and I'm still able to use all the features for R1 Netduma? 

If you're not using the Asus for anything then just put your modem>netduma>ps4... Just plug your ps4 directly into the wall where your router in the game room connects to. If you are using the Asus as an AP for other devices then plug the Asus into the wall, then plug your PS4 into it.

If it's configured right then going to 192.168.88.1 will bring up the netduma interface on any device on the network allowing you full control over the network.

• Administrators

I set modem > r1 netduma > Asus as AP

I heard wired PS4 to Asus wouldn't work as anti-flood needs R1 directly needs to connect to PS4. I'm considering getting a powerline adapter for that?

That would be the recommended setup. Anything connected behind the R1 will get the benefit of congestion control :)

That would be the recommended setup. Anything connected behind the R1 will get the benefit of congestion control :)

Hi ever since the set up my wifi signal has been very weak i some room. When I had Asus on. 2.4 GHZ (as my primary router) my wifi was strong throughout the rooom.

My new set up has 1 bar in some rooms. How do I come to fix this?

Hi ever since the set up my wifi signal has been very weak i some room. When I had Asus on. 2.4 GHZ (as my primary router) my wifi was strong throughout the rooom.

My new set up has 1 bar in some rooms. How do I come to fix this?

Does your Asus have both 2.4 and 5g ?

If it does and since your Asus is set to AP mode anyway,the 2.4 wifi on the Asus should be disabled and enabled on the duma and enable the 5g on the Asus.

And see if that helps with the issue,it's the set up I have on my home network and I get a strong signal on 3 different floors in a 3000 sq ft house.

• Administrators

Have you turned off the wifi on the duma? If not could be causing interference, would also check for the least congested wifi channel and switch to that. 

The suggestion above would also be could to try instead of disabling duma wifi 

Archived