BT roll out G.INP to cabs

Zennon

If you have a flashed unlocked hg612 modem you will need to upgrade to B030SP08 fw as this is the only fw that is G.INP compatible.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2015/01/bt-enables-physical-retransmission-g-inp-fttc-broadband-lines.html

My modem resynced last Saturday in the early hours and my pings went from 16ms to 32ms and i have been doing some hunting and found that my hg612 did not support G.INP with the old fw i had on it.

I read that the older fw was causing interleaving to be applied because of the incompatibility.

I found the latest fw and updated and surely enough pings are back to 16ms if anyone needs the fw i can send them it :)

Zennon I'm still running the ECI just now as the ECI cabs are not due to upgrade to later in the year I believe.

Could you PM me the firmware link and I'll grab it for my hg612 in case the ECI starts acting funny!? Thanks

Hi there

As a total novice in networking and having what seems to be this issue do you recommend me unlocking and updating the firmware  or just leave it alone?  Worried I'll actually cause more problems....

Thanks

If you have a standard hg612 it will update itself, one's with unlocked firmware block BT's TR-069 remote management, so they can not remote in to change the firmware.

If you are on interleaving a good way to speed up the process of getting back to fastpath as long as you have low error counts is to turn off the modem for 30 mins, This can wake the DLM up and get you back up to fast path quicker.

Archived