Hi,

I live in the UAE and I bought the netduma for cod. My Internet connection on my former router, a TP-LINK TR1043ND, was about 50mbps download and a 5mbps upload. This router was connected to a socket in the wall providing internet. I had a moderate NAT type. My Netduma is currently connected to this router and the only device that is connected to the netduma is my ps4. I currently have a connection of 5mbps download speed and 1mbps upload speed. I still have a moderate NAT type and I struggle to find games, even without the host filtering on. I have put the router as the DMZ of the TP-Link, but no difference has been made, even with the UPnP. I can only find games in TDM mostly and hardly any other lobby. On my other router I had better luck, but a worse connection. I then tried to connect my Netduma to the wall socket for internet like the TP-link and for some reason the router emits a signal, but no internet works. Please help me get an OPEN NAT, and up my internet connection through the Netduma.

Thanks,

Nik

Hi,

what is your NAT Type for the PS4?

If this is NAT 2 it means that it is already open using a correctly configured router.

Does BO3 ingame say that your NAT is moderate?

Then i think you need to manually do additional port forwarding:

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Ports-Used-for-Call-of-Duty-Games/

• Administrators

Setup should be ISP hub > duma (all devices connected if you want to make use of the congestion control).

NAT Type 2 is open. If it's moderate on the game disable the Geo-filter before booting up the game. Otherwise you can disable UPnP on the duma and port forward as per the link given above.

You can always try going to settings > UPNP and untick it and hit apply.

Then retick it and hit apply again this fixes the issue for lots of people.

I have the same router...first look in Netduma web page...for IP to put in DMZ in TP-LINK .

Then open TP-LINK web page....in tab Forwarding-->DMZ. Check "enable" and put the ip in "DMZ Host IP Address" (i put a simulator page to make you find it easy)

Then go to DHCP-->DHCP Client List you will see there your Netduma and the MAC address of it....copy this MAC address.

Then go to DHCP-->Address Reservation ...click "add new"...in "MAC Address" put the MAC you copy before..in "Reserved IP Address" put the ip of Netduma you see in "DHCP Client List" before...."Status" enabled...click save.

These steps will make TP-Link to give in Netduma always the same IP address and this IP address will be always in DMZ even you reboot your devices. ;)

Soooo Netduma is exposed in "internet" and all ports are open..this will solve your Nat type problems.

I hope this help you.

I have tried what you have said Knomax, to no avail unfortunately. I am still unable to get an open NAT type. If my NAT type was never open will what you have said still work? Also I have tried to make the UDP port of my Netduma to 3074 (the port for COD on the PS4) however it turns out that it already existed and there was still no change in my NAT type. Why is this happening??To confirm, is it the router or the COD servers that disable me from finding a game easily? Even when I disable geofilter completely I sometimes can't find a game for a good 20 minutes sometimes.

Hi,

do you still have NAT type 2 when following Knomax advice? I think you should have?

While you are manually forwarding ports, double check that the ip-adress is the adress of the ps4.

You need to forward TCP and UDP which might be given as option "both".

If port 3074 doesn't work try port 3075.

How many gaming devices do you use?

You might even have to try port 3076 or higher, depending on your number of gaming devices.

At least on Xbox One the ingame network menu tells you about the necessary port forwarding (especially the port number) you need to do to achieve an open nat for BO3.

I still have a NAT type 2. I tried what he said however it still made no change. I have already entered the required port, and no changes have occurred. I only have 1 console. The weird thing is that the port that I entered was already given by the UPnP. Still no progress has been made in that aspect.

• Administrators

NAT Type 2 is open, if you're trying to get it to NAT Type 1 that is not possible unless you plug directly into the modem and wouldn't a difference anyway.

Keep the settings as Knomax suggested.

If your issue is moderate on CoD, turn UPnP & port forwarding off on the ISP router. 

Turn UPnP off on the duma and manually port forward the necessary ports for xbl & CoD

Lets take it step by step...the thought is to every device/console to have "static" IP ...so portforward to specific IP will NOT work because when you reboot-power off...console or your router it takes a different IP from DHCP.

Sooo with my advice you set up your router to give specific IP to Netduma...

The other step is to make Netduma to give specific IP to your console....i write a guide that i think will help you to properly set up it....guide

So now we make static IP for Netduma in your router....we make static IP in Netduma for your console.! ;)

Now go to Netduma and in the IP you give before to your console..open the required ports.

I think that you must open and port 443.

This is the list "Activision Port Forwarding Ports List"....find your game and see the ports required to open.

For PlayStation Network requires you to forward the 80,443,465,983,1935,3478-3480,3658,5223,10070-10080 ports.

• 2 weeks later...

Lets take it step by step...the thought is to every device/console to have "static" IP ...so portforward to specific IP will NOT work because when you reboot-power off...console or your router it takes a different IP from DHCP.

Sooo with my advice you set up your router to give specific IP to Netduma...

The other step is to make Netduma to give specific IP to your console....i write a guide that i think will help you to properly set up it....guide

So now we make static IP for Netduma in your router....we make static IP in Netduma for your console.! ;)

Now go to Netduma and in the IP you give before to your console..open the required ports.

I think that you must open and port 443.

This is the list "Activision Port Forwarding Ports List"....find your game and see the ports required to open.

For PlayStation Network requires you to forward the 80,443,465,983,1935,3478-3480,3658,5223,10070-10080 ports.

I tried all of what you said and it still doesn't work. I have opened another topic  'Unable to find games! Getting disconnected all the time.'

Archived