how to downgrade the firmware?

what steps do i need to take care of in order to sucessfully downgrade my router firmware?

i know its anything else than easy to do which is why i ask

reason is its absolutly unplayable with the current firmware for me, whenever i upload a larger file to youtube aka several hours of 100% upload my whole connection goes nuts (see large desicription in the coal mine if needed)

often i need to factory restore the router two or three times in order to have it working as inteded again, only to see it breaking once more as soon as i upload another large file

if downgrading still isnt possible i will have to switch the router until its solved

yeah sucks but if there is no other option i prefer playing with a casual router setup instead of constant 150-500 ping with the netduma :(

im typing this right now with a baseping of laughable 150ms (regular ping 30) and 3 uncussessfull router factory restores, several resets and modem resets. i really wish my ping would go back to its regular state such as with the pre 1.03.6d builts (goes nuts since f and g)

i cannot upgrade since im already on the very latest firmware, and thats also the firmware causing the issues for me

none of the older firmwares caused this issue, so my plan was to downgrade to the last working firmware and go with it until a new update is out

anyone has experiences with downgrading?

i remember a guy back in the early R1 days that downgraded the router and had to recover it via a 1:1 with Iain which i ofc would want to avoid

though from what i read through the lines of other forum users it should work with the newer firmwares

any input welcomed, id really like to get rid of this upload issue

yes anti-flood was used when uploading

i think though Iain already checked out the infos, but here are the two long detailed post from the coal mine incase its needed again :)

initial post: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/10965-1036g-testing/?p=93805

updated post: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/10965-1036g-testing/?p=96232

short additional info post: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/10965-1036g-testing/?p=99400

• 4 weeks later...

why, after 3 weeks i don't see answer at this post. I have the same problem and all post on this subject don't have a answers?????

is it possible to downgrade at 1.03.5.. securely

modify version 1.03.5 in update at the version 1.03.6g.

I wouldn't recommend downgrading at all. 

There shouldn't be anything wrong with the firmware specifically that would cause the issue.

Are you using anti-flood when uploading? 

my anti-flood is in reactive by defaults in version 1.03.6g and I've just downgrade successfully my router and anti-flood in version 1.03.5m is preemptive by defaults. What is the difference in preemptive and reactive.

my anti-flood is in reactive by defaults in version 1.03.6g and I've just downgrade successfully my router and anti-flood in version 1.03.5m is preemptive by defaults. What is the difference in preemptive and reactive.

Preemptive is for speeds less than 60 Down and is a more conservative algorithm,more for quality than speed.

And Reactive is for speeds above 60 down and is a more aggressive algorithm,you'll get more speed.

Archived