Can some of you screen-grab your ping graph from the Geofilter so I can see how stable it appears to be, not when it's that one perfect lobby or one terrible lobby in 100 where you pwn or get pwnd, I'd really like to see what your average ping graph looks like in a normal lobby where you would have your 'normal' performance. I don't want to see a flat-line if that's not what you usually see and likewise I don't want to see the worst ping you ever had in a lobby - just what you would usually see for 8 out of 10 games.

If it's not too much trouble, post your location with it (20 miles from London, just South of Nottingham, etc, and your ISP, preferably not using wireless connection too, for comparison).

So mine is:

South East / 30 miles from London.

Virgin Media (cable)

60down/3up

Wired.

Other UK users' ping graphs are a lot more useful to me than anywhere else for obvious reasons.

I'm on Xbox One and trying to play BO3 but don't be deterred if you're on Playstation or playing something else, the more info the better really.

And I set a 'thinkbroadband' monitor running last night, is there anyone that can have a look at it (when it's had a chance to record something) and let me know how good/bad it is and if I can shout at my provider? Or if that monitor is even reliable/useful. And if you've got one then I'd like to see that too.

Mine's just started running so nothing to report at present but hopefully someone out there knows what they are doing and can have a look for me...

I certainly don't know.

And I'm fully aware that the BO3 servers on Xbox One have been in a state at the moment. I think my problems go beyond that.

ok, here's my thinkbroadband graph (if I've done this right)...

63d3ac604fc6f60a0afa8060540d2eb0-02-04-2

Looks like a lot of fluctuation in that max ping to me, even during the times when everybody was fast asleep / out of the house etc. In fact even when the whole neighbourhood was likely asleep.

The large spikes directly correlate with when I was caning the bandwidth (I work from from home).

I was playing Xbox between 20:30 and midnight (the packet loss looks to be at the time I was setting congestion and rebooting).

Virgin cable is know to be bad for gaming with jitter.

I have a baseline ping of 17ms to the nearest Google server 8.8.8.8 (I live in Cumbria) night or day and in peak time.

I am very lucky as someone else on TT maybe in a over subscribed area and have ISP congestion with them I know most in my area have went with BT (from chatting to customers in our PC repair shop) and as TT uses there own back-haul for providing bandwidth there is more than enough for me.

My ping jitters to 18ms when my son is online gaming chatting and watching videos thanks to the Netduma's congestion control.

Bops 3 plays really well and I am loving it, I get 14ms to the azure Ireland dedi and its steady.

Non of this is to rub it in, it is to show you the pit falls of virgin for gaming and hopefully you will change provider.

My son is online now in this ping plotter plot below.

2016-04-02_09-18-43.jpg

Cheers Zennon,

I downloaded ping plotter the other day after reading a post of yours, I haven't run it yet though because my Mac laptop doesn't have an ethernet port (doh!) and I need to run a bunch of updates on my old PC laptop before it will do anything - I'll get to it soon though.

Is there anything Virgin can do about this?

I assume there's nothing I can do except change to BT.

BT Infinity is in my street and the green box is about 25 metres away - is that important / would that improve matters?

Archived