What do you think about the YouTube CC-Settings??

Hi there, 

i´ve seen a lot of you tube videos where the ppl say one should throttle the Bandwidth (at the Anti-Flood-Page) a lot and in that way minimize the PS4 Bandwidth....they suggest to throttle the download that much so the  PS4-Bandwith gets to 1-2Mbit down-speed and throttle the upload that much (set on 3-5%) that you only have 90-300kbits uploadspeed on PS4 and CoD Black ops 3!!! So you get a very slow connection and you would be lag- compensated by the game so you have better game experiences....I don´t rally know but my settings are completely different! I just set it up like the Netduma- Experts here told me and followed the tutorial described by Netduma (e.g. 70% up & down, Prioritisation 60% down and up. ect.). The YT videos say that when one has a high COD Black ops3 /PS4 Bandwidth the game would make you lag a lot so the gamers with the bad /slow connection would have an advantage and better game experience.

What do you think?? Is that the better way I should set up the R1?? should I throttle my Bandwidth that much??or what is your experience? what are good CC-and Anti-Flood-Settings??

I actually did throttle and had not the feeling that I had a better game experience....the next 10 games I just got pounded....even though I set it back again to the old settings I still had a lot of lag-issues on BO3!! Just rebooted everything once again and then the games got better with less lag!!! 

My Setting: Netduma is connected to a Fritz.Box router (wired). The router connects to the Internet,  the PS4 is connected to the Netduma (wired). ISP-Speed: 50 MBit Down, 10MBit Up. 

I set my Netduma to 97% for both download and upload.

Check my signature, the top picture is my speed untouched from the ISP (bad upload from ISP) and the second is my A+ BB result with Download and Upload sliders at 97%

I play every game like this and everything is fine, I do not shape my bandwidth anymore because it runs better this way for me.

Gaming needs very little bandwidth it is all about the speed of the ping not the width of the band it travels in.

So throttling does nothing to the speed of the ping.

Only if you throttle to far it would affect it to the point of packet loss making a mess of a online gaming experience.

You slightly control congestion with the Duma to leave headroom so if others use your network they not create local congestion leading to a higher ping and jitter.

Stay with what your doing with the 70/70 CC or whatever you get a good BB reading with but IMO no need to smash your speeds.The game has no consistency one game you beast,next game your at the bottom of the leaderboard.

If people are consistently changing everything on their connections and adding all kinds of variables you will never know what works best on a consistent basis for you and your network.

I would keep it basic and make small adjustments and find out what works best for you.

• Administrators

As others have said there is not much benefit in throttling your connection. We find 70/70 is a good recommendation for most people but really it's up to you to find if there are any % that give you a better experience. Everyone is different.

Archived