Netduma - Black Ops 3 and Advanced Warfare Optimal Settings

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and new to the Netduma.  Rushed out to the DHL depot to collect my new Netduma this morning as I wanted it ASAP and couldn't wait until Tuesday due to the Bank Holiday. :D  :D

After a bit of messing around I've successfully got my Xbox One on Open Nat and Black Ops and Advanced Warfare are both showing Open Nat.  Sky Router configured with the Netduma in a DMZ etc, UPNP enabled.

My main priority is to fix the lag issues in BLOPS 3.  I've got a laptop on the network, an IPAD, an Iphone and 2 x Android Phones.  I've setup Congestion Control to assign the Xbox 70% of the upload and download and unticked share excess.  All other devices have the remaining bandwidth shared equally.  YouTube works for my little boy so he is happy.

Now, my issue is that in BLOPS 3 I got a couple of great games and then invited my mate to my game.  We are both located in North West UK.  After that we were continually placed in peer to peer lobby's.  Normally I'm on dedicated servers and as far as I am aware there are dedicated servers in London, Ireland and Northern France, so I'm not sure why this is happening.  Geofilter is set to strict, Ping is 30ms and strict is checked.  In these lobby's I was seeing 1/3 bar players, extreme lag to the point that I was getting rubber banding/other players jittering all over the map and not very smooth movement of character.  Lobby's were seeing host migrations, which failed most of the time and I would describe the situation as worse than without the Netduma.  I have had a taste of what the connections can be like from the couple of games that were good and I'm sure it is just a case of a few minor tweaks/settings that I've setup in a less than perfect fashion.

So....any help is much appreciated.  Black Ops is my priority as mentioned earlier but if you can also advise settings for AW as I do sometimes play this game still.  In AW I was seeing shoot first die first and joining lobby's to be kicked immediately.  Thanks in advance. :)

I have to say that BLOPS 3 is the worst lagging COD I've ever played.  Activision are a disgrace.  I only got this router due to these problems in BLOPS 3 so hoping Netduma can provide a solution.  How do you flush Cloud Settings please bud?

Thanks Frustrated.  Yeah subbed his channel, very informative but doesn't he have a router in between the Duma and his WAN that does bandwidth control?  Not sure his config would match mine but I'll re-visit his vids and see.  He sounds like the guy off The Gadget Show.

Yeah not sure how it can relate to your setup but think its a good start,its helped me many times,i think you need to take bits out of it and try and see if it works for you.

Really hope it helps,im mainly a Destiny player but im playing blops3 constantly now and its helped me.

Just to add to my woes, I'm seeing an issue where my laptop keeps losing access to the Internet.  The wireless connection says connected to the Duma and I still have an IP Address from the Duma but no access to the Internet.  If I disconnect and reconnect from the network it works again but this is frustrating as hell and is starting to get on everyone's nerves.  Please help.

I don't want to sound impatient but I would like a response about my issues from a Netduma support tech.  My wife is going nuts about the Wireless situation and I'm not exactly happy about the problems re matchmaking in lobbys, e.g getting into a lobby on AW and then getting booted right back out.  I have to do this about 4 times to get a game.  Also Black Ops 3 is taking some time to find games which is frustrating too.  I'm also not convinced the lag issues are any better.  On AW I'd say they are worse.

Bear in mind that in the UK the majority of people have been off work since close of Thursday and probably are only back in today to start to catch up...

Black Ops has been disgusting this week and the weekend was completely unplayable for me, I'm just about to try it out and see if anything has improved as I've only had a Netduma for a few days.

I'm having similar wifi issues too...

Yeah, I'm in the UK too.  First day back in work after a week off.  :-(

I was a bit concerned that I'd seen Fraser posting responses to quite a few different threads and that mine was just being pushed further and further down the page.

I've just been on Black Ops 3 and still just garbage.  I'm getting seriously fed up.  Servers were down most of yesterday and today and they finally come back on and the lobbies are full of 1 bar wonders, who seem to drag the whole thing down.  Terrible!! Hoping Infinity Ward will do a better job with Cod 2016.

• Administrators

Hey welcome to the forum, apologies for the late reply! 

Firstly for your wifi issues disable the wifi workaround in settings > miscellaneous. That should resolve it. 

Are you using the anti-flood at 70/70? 

I would recommend putting your console in hyper traffic as well.

Re apply the cloud in settings > miscellaneous. We're doing a cloud update currently so that should improve the server locations. Potentially why you are having more P2P games than dedicated servers currently. 

Un tick strict mode now and you should be placed on more dedicated servers.

Hi Fraser,

Thanks for the response.  What is the purpose of setting the anti flood to 70/70.  Please could you advise?  Does it allocate 30% of upload and download that won't be used, to ensure the connection doesn't get saturated?

If I disable strict, is that not the same as just turning off the geofilter, if it effectively allows you to connect to hosts outside of the filter range?

The wireless workaround was already set to disabled.  Any other ideas re the wireless?

How do you reapply the cloud?  Untick and Apply then Check the Cloud and reapply?

Thanks,

• Administrators

Setting to 70/70 will ensure that all the devices in your home can continue to use the internet without impacting each other when downloading, streaming etc so all devices shouldn't experience any lag/buffering. 

Turning strict off means you can connect to the nearest dedicated servers to you. Not quite the same as turning the filter off. 

If it was already off you may be one of the people that requires it to be enabled so try with it on. 

You can just click the apply button again :)

Hi Fraser,

Thanks for that.  Do you have any idea what is going on with only being able to connect to Irish Dedi's?  Are they the only ones in Europe as cannot connect to the ones in south UK or Northern France.  I find the Irish servers to be pretty damn terrible.  Can you connect to dedi's other than the Irish?  Xbox One by the way.

Thanks,

• Administrators

We did a cloud update but I think another one is required for that issue. Use the CoD Ultimate profile so you just use ping assist, should still be able to connect to them but they may be incorrectly located.

Archived